What do you eat .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Breakfast for me before a day out is .A very large bowl of porridge and a big spoon of honey .And a couple of bits of toast .

Then i take out a bannana and have a sarnie when i'm out with a cuppa .

I am always on the look out for more info on fuelling up .

So whay else should go in to start off the day ?

Maz

Guru
postman said:
A very large bowl of porridge and a big spoon of honey
That's my breakfast pretty much every day. Gives me enough energy for cycling to work followed by footie before getting some lunch.

darkstar

I try to mix it up as often as i can. it ranges from Porridge, muesli, sometimes have some savory beef noodle soup (or similar), fry up, Bacon sandwich, scrambled eggs on whole meal toast etc I soon get bored with the same thing every mourning!

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I used to skip breakfast apart from a lot of coffee, but now that I ride the bike to work regularly , I do this...

One Weetabix with loads of milk and a bit of sugar
A banana
A glass of milk
Two cups of industrial strength coffee

Probably not ideal, but it seems to vaguely work.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
sarahpink said:
porridge every morning with some seeds and dried apricots in.

Dried apricots!!!!:ohmy: I could never do that. I have a dreadful fear of all dried fruits. I was force-fed them when I was a little boy and it is one of the consolations of being a bit older that I do not have to eat them now. Whatever floats your boat....:wacko:

Greedo

Porridge or 3 weetabix and a glass of grapefruit juice before I leave the house. When I get to the office it's a coffee and either a roll and bacon/sausage or a toasted bagel with just butter and a banana

efreeti

75 grams of Tesco Healthy Living Museli, 25 grams of sultanas, 250ml skimmed milk. Cup of tea.

I have pretty much eaten this everyday since January 2009 when I started using the weight watchers points system. Whilst I don't really count points anymore this combination seems to be the most filling, longest lasting breakfast. I will sometimes have a bit of wholemeal toast and peanut butter as well if I know I am going to be working on site and probably won't eat again until tea-time.

It isn't filled with added salt and sugar like a lot of pre-mixed museli either.
I had a bowl of Alplen this morning at a hotel and it was like eating a bowl full of sweets!

Keith Oates

Janner
Now that I'm able to get porridge again I have a large bowl in the morning and very often followed by a slice of brown bread with some jam. On the ride I use Gatorade and that will see me for a 2 to 3 hour ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

darkstar said:
I try to mix it up as often as i can. it ranges from Porridge, muesli, sometimes have some savory beef noodle soup (or similar), fry up, Bacon sandwich, scrambled eggs on whole meal toast etc I soon get bored with the same thing every mourning!

Makes you ride at a funerial pace all that mixed up grub! :sad:;)

Normally, pot of coffee and toast / +tea...Yesterday I had four nice custardy sponge cakes, half a walnut cake, six cups of tea and a pot of coffee. (Post night ride hunger)
So it varies.

D

Deleted member 1258

Breakfast is a large bowl of porridge with dried fruit, crushed nuts and a sprinkling of brown sugar.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Small bowl of porridge or muesli or 2 slices of toast followed by a shop brand cereal bar when i get to work.

Though this morning it was mini sausage rolls as we had a party yesterday and still have enough food to feed us for a week.....

Top Bottom