What do you think of my wall

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

Some may remember a few months ago I asked if anyone knew anyone who could build with Broughton Moor Slate as I had an idea to build a feature wall running from outside to inside the house we were building as a feature.

Well I found a guy in Cumbria to do it. This is what it looks like and exactly what I had pictured in my head how is should look. I think the guy done a great job and it looks great too.

View attachment 6250

View attachment 6251

View attachment 6252

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I agree, that does look pretty good!!
Well done!!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I like it - but I know what Mr Summerdays, and at least one daughter would say... all those places for spiders to hide!!!

Globalti

Legendary Member
Do the gables like that and you'll have a climbing wall.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Could have done that with a nice veneered wall panel, only cost a couple of quid! :wacko:

2009091617351069844280.jpg

OP
OP
G

Greedo

Cheers guys. I am really proud of this one. Everyone who has been on site has apparantly commented on it in a really positive way. It is quite unusual stone for Glasgow.

The problem as always though is trying not to replecate it in future projects and it becoming too common. Always having to come up with different features, ideas etc.

That's why I love what I do. :wacko:

postman

Legendary Member
Super.

Those of us of a certain age .Will remember we could get the same effect by putting up stone effect wallpaper .

Like yeh !!!

Looks great .

longers

Legendary Member
I like it and also like slate. I saw on the front of a paper last weekend that the chap who owns Honister slate mine wants to run a zip wire from Fleetwith Pike down to the mine. There are objections.

Top Bottom