what do you think of the new bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sillyoldman

Veteran
looks good to me. Can I ask what is that holder on top of the stem? Never seen anything like that before. Guess its for a light.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
thats a topeak iphone stem mount, best thing ive ever bought for a bike, no need for an expensive garmin or cluttering the bars with a cycle computer, just an iphone 5s has the lot ;) (pic below of the iphone attatched)
1513335_10200341562700404_43599280_n.jpg

changed the gear ratio's to something a little higher (think thats right) as im a big guy and found pushing to top gear abit too easy, not much point in getting loads of lightweight stuff for it as im 105kilo to start with, just waiting for the cash to go into the bank to buy a nice black saddle, ive found the shifter to change the front derallieur is really clanky and alot of force has to be used to change it, its lubed and all, so do you think this is the actual sti shifter (sora) or the derallieur? general shifting in general seems abit clunky, and ive adjusted them to the best i can

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
the bar tape on the allez looked like youd catch a diesise if you touched it after a week , then again i was mucking on with the dirty oily components then taking it for a test ride all the time, i much prefer using my phone over cycle computers, it keeps my phone right infront of me so i can easily keeo in contact with people, it has a talking sat nav, cycle computer apps and facebook updates ;) ( not while im riding) and for the distances i ride (5-20 miles a day) it does nothing noticeable to the battery

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
the bar tape on the allez looked like youd catch a diesise if you touched it after a week , then again i was mucking on with the dirty oily components then taking it for a test ride all the time, i much prefer using my phone over cycle computers, it keeps my phone right infront of me so i can easily keeo in contact with people, it has a talking sat nav, cycle computer apps and facebook updates ;) ( not while im riding) and for the distances i ride (5-20 miles a day) it does nothing noticeable to the battery
I was just stirring'but then again I don't do face fluff or Twitter :wacko:.nice looking bike.

Bryony

Veteran
That bar tape won't stay white for long! ^_^

Linford

It's a bike which fits you and it's yours. Go enjoy it. It doesn't matter a fig what others think of the colour scheme.

Doyleyburger

Veteran
I'm a sucker for black and red so I think it look sweeeeeeet ! Love the decals

I am myself debating a specialized roadie and it would have to be black and red also.

Chris-H

Über Member
I like this......a lot and think the red bar tape was the best colour to go with and agree that a red saddle would also compliment the colour scheme, there again everyone has differing tastes so whatever you choose to do I'm sure you'll love it :thumbsup:

Top Bottom