What do you think of this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I've got over the guilt now, and don't regret reporting him.

I suspect this was not the first time he had been reported, and was the last straw.
As you all say, it was his choice to drive in a dangerous manner, so he has to accept the consequences.

It's refreshing to have a company treat this with the seriousness it deserves - I was really expecting a half-hearted canned response, but the email appeared to be from the Managing Director, and said
Roadrunners Accessible Transport praises your action. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
which seems to be genuinely appreciative of what I did.

One less dangerous driver, well at least one less transporting kids around.

Mad at urage

I've got over the guilt now, and don't regret reporting him.

I suspect this was not the first time he had been reported, and was the last straw.
As you all say, it was his choice to drive in a dangerous manner, so he has to accept the consequences.

It's refreshing to have a company treat this with the seriousness it deserves - I was really expecting a half-hearted canned response, but the email appeared to be from the Managing Director, and said which seems to be genuinely appreciative of what I did.

One less dangerous driver, well at least one less transporting kids around.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Fran143

Über Member
They could also just be saying this to get you off there back. Just a thought.

Given the fact that it was used to transport children and has been brought to the MD's attention I wouldn't imagine they could ignore Benb's video without taking action. The unfortunate thing is that by "resigning" he is still able to work for other companies.

I suspect it was a case of 'jump or be pushed - your choice'. You did the right thing, massively irresponsible driving from someone in a position of responsibility.

I've read of a lot of incidents on here where the poster has held back on the video, the driver has told a different series of events, then the poster has sent them the video showing not only their side of the story being true, but also the driver as being a liar.

I think I'd only do the above if the driver had done something deliberately malicious towards me.

I think it's hard to describe what happened with just that map link and a description. I think I might just send the video.

Personally I think it is fair game.

The driver has the choice to tell the truth or to lie.

If they choose the latter, they are simply tying the noose around their own neck, and the consequences are their own doing.

Top Bottom