What do you use your blender for?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KneesUp

Guru
I'm thinking of buying a blender attachment for our food mixer - mainly because I'm having Huel for lunch and I'm reliably informed that the texture is significantly better if you blend it rather than shake it - plus you can put ice in to make it like a smoothie thing.

I've had a blender before though, and didn't use it for much - so what else can I use it for? What does your do?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You can do milk shakes, blend vegetables to make healthy smoothies. My wife bought a hideously expensive blender from JLs, can't remember the name, and it does a great job, better than the Nutribullet we've also got.
Blenders are also good for making hummus from chick peas rather than the horrible premade stuff.

I have a hand blender and the last use was to turn leftover roast veg from my chicken lunch into roast veg soup.
Tonight I am planning to turning some frozen raspberries into a smoothie.

Katherine

Guru
Banana milkshake with real bananas and proper dairy ice-cream (and your prefered milk).

Leftovers from stews and vegetables blended into soup.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I've had a few types but my favourite combination is a stick blender with a small processor attachment for the nut chopping etc.
I guess a jug would be better for Huel tho'

OldShep

Über Member
I’ve a stick blender used mostly for soups, chopping nuts, and turning porage oats into oat flour. The oat flour is good for thickening any dish without going lumpy. Also just pour over boiling water and you’ve got readybrek.

Top Bottom