What does GISU mean, or is it just the model name of the derailleur?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ridelover9941

Today, I got another rear derailleur in the mail. It's likely a basic cheap rear derailleur I know but it's a GISU INDEX SYSTEM derailleur. I had one a long, long while back, in 2013 to replace my stopped working original SUNTOUR VX rear derailleur. I've always wondered since then what the GISU part of it means. Maybe it's just the brand name like SUNTOUR, but I'm not sure. Does anyone have any info about this derailleur? Somebody told me back in 2013 it was made in China. Thanks for the help and info if you have any.

woodbutcher

Veteran
Today, I got another rear derailleur in the mail. It's likely a basic cheap rear derailleur I know but it's a GISU INDEX SYSTEM derailleur. I had one a long, long while back, in 2013 to replace my stopped working original SUNTOUR VX rear derailleur. I've always wondered since then what the GISU part of it means. Maybe it's just the brand name like SUNTOUR, but I'm not sure. Does anyone have any info about this derailleur? Somebody told me back in 2013 it was made in China. Thanks for the help and info if you have any.
Don't know about Chinese connection but the word Gisu in Japanese can mean hard or sharp depending on the context in which it is used. It also refers to the skeleton or l guess framework of a particular, well known fish. Who knows if there is a link somewhere there !

Top Bottom