What does SPD SL actually stand for??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Pictures are needed so we can decide if you have made the right decision. ^_^

That could be hazardous! :eek:

Davzorla8

In need of some help, but some 105 PD5700 Spd-sl pedals with some shimano rt32 shoes, gone to install the cleats and am totally lost. They don't seem compatible?? Have I bought the wrong type of shoes or are the cleats wrong? Thanks

In need of some help, but some 105 PD5700 Spd-sl pedals with some shimano rt32 shoes, gone to install the cleats and am totally lost. They don't seem compatible?? Have I bought the wrong type of shoes or are the cleats wrong? Thanks

RT32 is a touring shoe with an SPD (mountain bike style) two bolt cleat fitting. The SPD SL pedals you bought are only compatible with a three-bolt fitting, which your RT32 shoes do not have. You will have to change either the pedals or the shoes.
Thanks.
but what does the SL actually stand for??

What difference does it make whatever 'SL' stands for...?

rb58

Enigma
I think you have. RT32 shoes take SPD cleats, not SPD-SLs.

vickster

Legendary Member

Be cheaper to change the pedals...

vickster

Legendary Member
Do you need to be able to walk around at all in the shoes or are they purely for riding - if the former, change the pedals, the latter the shoes if you do big miles and like shiny plastic shoes :biggrin:

D

Deleted member 20519

Shimano Pedaling Dynamics Super Lightweight I believe.

gavin77

Regular

hi davzorla

guess what? ive done exactly the same as you. what did you end up doing? i m thinking of sending the shoes back and exchanging them.

Top Bottom