What does the "Star Conversation" function do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I supposed I could just click it and find out, but I was worried that the conversation might burst across the forum in some kind of stellar explosion before fading away...

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I assume that a 't' has gone missing, unless there is a mysterious 'Star' function that I hadn't noticed?

A 'Conversation' here is what every other forum calls a 'PM'.

Have you really never started or taken part in 'Conversations' (exchanged PMs) on CC?

OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I assume that a 't' has gone missing, unless there is a mysterious 'Star' function that I hadn't noticed?

A 'Conversation' here is what every other forum calls a 'PM'.

Have you really never started or taken part in 'Conversations' (exchanged PMs) on CC?

It's definitely "star". There's a "Starred Conversations" tab...

I have lots of conversations, but none of them are currently "starred". I thought perhaps I would make one or two starry - it sounds nice.

OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Oh ... when did that tab appear?

I can see the tab, but not how to 'star' conversations so they appear on the tab.

The option appears when you open a conversation - edit conversation, star conversation, leave conversation etc.

I hope Adrian is OK...

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Star conversation allow you to talk directly to someone else. I presume you do not have to go through cc itself. ?

so instead of your message going through cc, it bypasses it and goes directly to the person you want to talk to. ?

Martok

Klingon on a bike
Starring a conversation is just like starring emails in GMail. So you can use this to mark certain conversations as important or to remind you to follow-up on them. Basically it makes them stand out from the other conversations and makes them easier to find.

Oh ... when did that tab appear?

I can see the tab, but not how to 'star' conversations so they appear on the tab.
Tick the box to the left of a conversation when viewing all of your conversations. Then from the dropdown that appears, select Star Conversation. You'll see various other options in the dropdown too for managing conversations.

You can also star a conversation from within a conversation itself using the link at the top.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've found out how it works!

If you go into your list of conversations and tick the check box next to one or more conversations, you can select from a menu of options, one of which is to mark conversations with stars. They will then be selectively displayed in the starred conversations tab

OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Starring a conversation is just like starring emails in GMail. So you can use this to mark certain conversations as important or to remind you to follow-up on them. Basically it makes them stand out from the other conversations and makes them easier to find.

Tick the box to the left of a conversation when viewing all of your conversations. Then from the dropdown that appears, select Star Conversation. You'll see various other options in the dropdown too for managing conversations.

You can also star a conversation from within a conversation itself using the link at the top.

How do we know it's not a Klingon trap?

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
My tentative deduction is that if someone stars a conversation it is only starred for him or her.

Excitingly there's also an "unstar conversation" option. Even more excitingly, it's under a list of moderation options. I feel the power...

Shaun

Founder
It's simply a way of bookmarking a conversation you may want to reference later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom