What does your bike say about you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
but is it implying the pompous fool is the bike????

Your bike is still your best pal :thumbsup:

My apologies. My attempt at transcribing the words spoken by my bicycle was hampered by my inability to find the diacritic mark necessary in Italian to distinguish between two of the uses of the letter 'e' as a word in its own right.

With the correct diacritic, the letter 'e' translates to the thrid-person singular, present-simple indicative of the verb Essere, to be. Thus: "He/she/it is".

This would allow the translation "My owner is a highly pompous buffoon".

Without the diacritic, it commonly translates to the conjunction 'and'. This produces the translation you offered.

Of course, my bicycle speaks no Italian. It is a bicycle and thus incapable of speech or thought. However, I fear this attempt at an online pun may have lost something in my lengthy attempts at an explanation of the absence of diacritic marks.

I know another joke, about a chicken. I might do rather better with this one. The joke involves the chicken crossing a busy thoroughfare and its possible reasons for doing so. Essentially, the joke opens with a question as to what the chicken's motives were for crossing the road. The joke amusingly presupposes that a chicken is capable of rational and reasoned thought. With the punchline, it becomes apparent that the motive was entirely logical and quite reasonable. There are other versions of the same joke.

My bike is now slowly riding away on its own, embarrassed that I am still trying to dig my way out of this post. It is speechless.

OP
OP
Chris S

Chris S

Legendary Member
The drug dealers round here ride fashion fixed gear bikes.
I find that surprising - bunny hopping kerbs and riding over grass would be difficult with skinny tyres when they're being chased by the police. Mind you, who knows why druggies do anything.

On three separate occasions people tried to buy drugs of me when I stopped at inner city junctions on my MTB.

They've never tried to do this when I've been on my 'sit up and beg' 3-speed.
Bikes dont "say anything" but the impression people probably get about me based on my bike is that im skint. Anyone on a bicycle is too poor for petrol.

My bike says "he ain't getting any thinner" every time I sit on the seat

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Mine says "Il mio padrone e uno sciocco molto pomposo".

I believe it may be speaking Spanish or some other South European tongue.

I have no idea what it means, as English has always been quite enough for me (Johnny Foreigner seems to cope well enough if I speak loudly and wave my arms around).

I know only that it is being complimentary, as my bicycle and I share a high mutual regard for one another.

It is Italian: it means " my owner is a pompous fool" .... sorry.

PpPete

Legendary Member
ATTACH]
contour_brooks.jpg

My Van Nic Yukon, Brooks saddle, and Carradice Barley just screams "AUK member".... even down to the slight eccentricity of the non-Bagman support.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Tiddles probably says:
"Noooo, please, I'll be good I promise. I've seen what you have done to Granville and I will be really really good. Please don't modify me, your workshop really scares me!"

Granville probably says:
"Where am I? I can't feel my wheels anymore. What's happened to my wheels? My chain feels funny!":wacko:

Ratrike probably says [to Granville and Tiddles]:
"If only you knew the power of the dark side..."

Top Bottom