What does your desk tell us about you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
-you were and still are a fan of the original series of Batman, which suggests an interest in pop art as well as the creative professional interest. Nope.. never did like it. What makes you say that?
The Wonkey shot, very 70's
Just took a quick shot, I'm crap with cameras

-you support charitable causes Now and again, why you say that?
Wrist bands on the blue ball
It's not a blue ball and they are not wrist bands. It's a Sphere XYZ

-you play poker I like a tipple at work (took a year to drink the JD). Tea yes (I have had the same tea mug since 1989), coffee no. yes I play poker now and again (what makes you say that?).
Mousemat
It's a freebie Classic Rock Magazine, Motorhead Ace Of Spade Mouse Mat

-you dislike the feeling of stuffy air in the office. Correct. I like a nice bright, airy office.
Plant gave that one away

It's a Ficus Benjamina Goldie

-The Marshall's and Peavys (along with the flight cases) suggest a guitarist in the office (semi-accoustic by the looks of things) ...but not you. You sir, are a frustrated guitarist. Yep there is a guitarist in the office but the amps (a Marshall, a Peavy, a Burmann & a Hartke) & guitars (1 semi acoustic, 1 electric) belong to the company . Not a frustrated guitarist.
I wana work in your office..I can bring my own guitars and whiskey! Let's Rock Brudda!! We have our own studio and we like a drink in the music biz :laugh:

-your chair carries an additional back support, so you spend a good deal of time at the desk (why all that travel then?)Nope not back support, a Palmeiras FC (Brazilian footy team) shirt draped over the chair.
bugger missed that one ^_^

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Speaking of Marshall amps, I read in another place that Jim Marshall died today at 88.

Seemed like a really nice chap, great legacy too in more than one way.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17625335

Turning it up to 11 in memory!

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Until I sold out and got a real job this is where I spent far too many hours a day:

desk.jpg

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Back the OP, I reckon you're in your 70s, and you used to be a bit part actor in Carry On films, you know Barbara Windsor 'intimately', but you are as camp as a row of tents :smile:

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Okay mine now. Sorry for the 4 pictures, but this is the only thing I could do to get the whole picture.
100_1117.jpg
100_1121.jpg
100_1123.jpg
100_1124.jpg

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Oh dear, how to kill a laptop - leave it on a pillow or duvet without a hard surface underneath it, so it overheats. It could be how to burn your house down as well .. just sayin' ^_^
I agree, it seems to block the fan on the underneath of it. Just the other day when it was scorching hot, I had my windows open and the sun shining on it just where you can see the blue lights. It overheated and cut out. I had to wait for 30 mins for it to cool down in the shade before I realised all my work had been deleted.

I agree, it seems to block the fan on the underneath of it. Just the other day when it was scorching hot, I had my windows open and the sun shining on it just where you can see the blue lights. It overheated and cut out. I had to wait for 30 mins for it to cool down in the shade before I realised all my work had been deleted.

You might have completed that game of patience otherwise

Top Bottom