What does your desk tell us about you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
dyno machine is probably a reel of fishing line & black cotton & There are 2 thin strips of stick-on velcro in front of those.

The black & white 'boxes' are rolls of velcro

a small selection of miniature chopsticks

under the iMac are two boxes of batteries

a small parts tray with some tweezers on top

-So, a fisherman, is that yellow twine fishing line..if so you are a salt water fisherman, not freshwater...that line is thick!
-velcro...velcro...:scratch:
-have spent time in Asia (chopstick collection)...possibly have someone special living out there...hence the proximity to you on the desk (they are important to you)
- you get through a lot of batteries...
-you are prone to splinters.

so velcro, splinters and batteries....they all spell something...am I on the right track?

or are they all just fishing related...ie night fishing (batteries for torch) velcro ...some fishing thing and splinters from a fishing related er, wooden actvity

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
-you drink white wine I have been known to, but there's no white wine there...

is that not a bottle of white popping up behind the monitor?

GrasB

Veteran
-So, a fisherman, is that yellow twine fishing line..if so you are a salt water fisherman, not freshwater...that line is thick! - Fishing line, the surprisingly strong alternative to natural & synthetic thread ;) somewhere in that picture there are also sowing needles, my guess is they're hidden from view though.
-velcro...velcro...:scratch:- you don't know the relevance of fishing line & velcro?! think gaffer tape & you're on the right track.
-have spent time in Asia (chopstick collection)...possibly have someone special living out there...hence the proximity to you on the desk (they are important to you) - I'm a big anime fan & have been to Japan a few times, though I haven't had a chance in recent years.
- you get through a lot of batteries... - yeah, but there's no special relevance to them being there except they're near the bike lights
-you are prone to splinters. - why would tweezers be on top of a small parts tray? because I keep the splinters I take out of my hand? :huh: Or would that be because I fix things with small components?

so velcro, splinters and batteries....they all spell something...am I on the right track?

or are they all just fishing related...ie night fishing (batteries for torch) velcro ...some fishing thing and splinters from a fishing related er, wooden activity - er no, but then again you didn't know about fishing line & velcro which has thrown you off

GrasB

Veteran
It was googles fault..."fishing line and velcro" threw up a neat little sketch pad for the blind....
fishing line & velcro is a really good way of getting to things to stick together in strong but temporary way. That thick stuff is strong enough that a 2x4" patch of it can pick up my Giro clean off the ground! Guess what's keeping the velcro pads on the back of my mesh seat... fishing line. Cotton & synthetic threads simply got broken!

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 1786003, member: 1314"]Mine![/quote]

-Ok I know your profession already but the mug would have suggested a career in quality control, so not a million miles away from fire warden (you must know a friend of mine BTW! I have a lot of friends in the brigade and a couple who are wardens or inspectors...or whatever the right word is)
-you read...a lot, which suggests you travel.
-right handed
-your desk says you are dis-organised, but your desktop(pc) contradicts this, so I suspect you are just busy and the role of fire warden attracts too much paperwork (you need to digitise!!)
-your office has 40 staff (approximatley)
-You have no children (no personal photos, unlike your colleagues)
-not sure, but I suspect you are single (no photos)

Fran143

Über Member
[QUOTE 1786199, member: 1314"]That's my firewarden's vest![/quote]
Ooer.....for a minute there I had a mental vision of you in it with your hose!:whistle:

Night Train

Maker of Things
-you suffer from frequent headaches or chronic pain (perhaps illness related, please don't feel you need to elaborate?)
Clues to that effect?
Blister pack of pain killers within easy reach.
Took me a while but that is a bit of CNC machined aluminium test peice I am using as a paperweight. But otherwise you are right, I suffer migraines and have been off all today with one.

-you spend some nights on the sofa as opposed the bed
Clues to that effect?
Blankets and sheets folded neatly on the sofa (big pillow on the right of the sofa in the foreground, blue in colour).
Nope, The cushions are well plumped up ad the cloth is scrap material I was just given to see if I can make stuff from it.

-you suffer from pet allergies.
Clues to that effect?
Tile floor, no carpets.
I do have a cat/fur allergy but the flooring is because the room is a kitchen I am using as a bedsit while the rest of the house is being renovated.

-No evidence to suggest you cycle...(other than the CC site) are you off the bike for a bit whilst you recover? (sorry if I've missed your posts on this subject)
None of my bikes live near my desk, however there is another clue relating to cycling that is there but only the specifically knowledgeable would spot it.
something to do with either the emblem on the coaster, the posters on the wall or the rectangular black object with grey ends that looks like a light on the right hand side in front of the pens in the marmalade jar.
The coaster is an Institute of Housing one, I used to be a member in a previous career. The stuff on the side of the filing cabinet is furniture related and the thing in front of the marmalade jar is the portable speaker set for my SE W995 phone (actually quite a good speaker set!). The cycling thing is the pile of drawings, on the left of the desk under the tape measure, of brake brackets I am designing for Maximus Trikes. You really need to be in a very select group to recognise them.
Well done.:smile:

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Well done.:smile:
Funny thing is I made a few assumptions (based upon incorrect evidence) that were spot on and probably had you saying to yourself.."how the hell...?"

You can see how easy it is to set yourself up as one of those dodgy mediums or palmists! In the flesh (as opposed to studying a grainy image) it has to be much easier.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Funny thing is I made a few assumptions (based upon incorrect evidence) that were spot on and probably had you saying to yourself.."how the hell...?"

You can see how easy it is to set yourself up as one of those dodgy mediums or palmists! In the flesh (as opposed to studying a grainy image) it has to be much easier.
I know of one, a friend, and it amuses me when she tries it on fishing for information!^_^

Top Bottom