What does your desk tell us about you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 1787124, member: 9609"]
desk.JPG
[/quote]

-accomplished motor mechanic (handy enough to strip down a cyclinder head)
-Understanding of the value of a good workbench...and a proper vice, suggests you 40+
-Capable in wood work (square, plane and possibly a tenon scribe)...but your interest is in mechanical.
-Mask suggests you are happy to work around brake and clutch discs, so I suspect you service other peoples vehicles for extra cash but the Mail order parts boxes suggest your interest is more than a hobby.
-Your kitchen is 10-15 years old (judging by the age of the harvested units in your workbench)
-track-pump...guess what...you're a cyclist!
-you own a motorcycle...or service them (smaller cylinder)
-you wash your own car
- you (or someone in your household) used to work in a pub or brewery...or possibly a Dairy (i'm guessing a pub)
- I know you enjoy the great outdoors (along with a spot of wild camping) from your avatar...but nothing here supports that which suggests this is your "work" area and not a shared home space.
-you are tidy and organised (my workshop is on the OCD side of organised...perhaps I should post a pic of that!)

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
No, it's my small bottle of Glenmorangie....
good choice!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Well, I don't have a desk at work, so here's my 'desk' at home. Doubles as dining table, and workspace for my crafts. I don't think there's much relevant to the crafts on there though, or my job.

Otherwise, fire away! ;)
View attachment 8142

Ah finally a desk that looks a bit like mine - cept there is more desk showing on yours ... mine only has desk showing between the keyboard and the edge of the desk :blush:, piles of papers everywhere (several inches (ok close to a foot) deep!). Food wrappers, keys, camera, winter hat, basically lots!!! Shows I live in total chaos!

Speicher

Vice Admiral
my home "workstation"

probably tells you less about me than the work one I'm afraid.
chezjeez.jpg

You drive a Black VW Golf, but I cannot tell whether it is the V5 or Gti.

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
You drive a Black VW Golf, but I cannot tell whether it is the V5 or Gti.
hehe...nice try.

But I dont I'm afriad...that post referred to one of my old cars, which was a black gti with lots of stuff crammed into it (dsg etc). Please don't hold it against me, I have seen the light and no longer own any of the BMW's, Audis, Range Rovers nor golf GTI's that I once did....oh the shame!

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member

ok , you asked for it.

-you were and still are a fan of the original series of Batman, which suggests an interest in pop art as well as the creative professional interest.
-Clearly you work in the music/entertainment/theatrical industry (but we knew that;))
-your work requires you to be mobile in the office (dect handset)
-you do not own an oyster card yet have many rail reciepts, so I suspect your work requires longer distance travel than an oyster allows...so, you work outside London (which is confusing as you manage to ride in and out every day)
-you are near sighted
-Right handed
-My bloody neck aches doing this one!
-you support charitable causes
-you have many tasks/meetings each day that are time critical
-tea drinker
-JD and ale bottles are a given, but proximity to mug suggests an occasional Tennessee coffee
-you play poker
-you dislike the feeling of stuffy air in the office.
-The Marshall's and Peavys (along with the flight cases) suggest a guitarist in the office (semi-accoustic by the looks of things) ...but not you. You sir, are a frustrated guitarist.
-your chair carries an additional back support, so you spend a good deal of time at the desk (why all that travel then?)
-old school outlook, not a fan of fads or vogues (no iphone, no apple mac and a trusty old paper diary)

more to come, just need to go lie down and rub my neck

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
ok , you asked for it.

-you were and still are a fan of the original series of Batman, which suggests an interest in pop art as well as the creative professional interest. Nope.. never did like it. What makes you say that?
-Clearly you work in the music/entertainment/theatrical industry (but we knew that;)) Yup
-your work requires you to be mobile in the office (dect handset) Not really. Just like to wander around the office/lie down on sofa etc when on phonecalls,.
-you do not own an oyster card yet have many rail reciepts, so I suspect your work requires longer distance travel than an oyster allows...so, you work outside London (which is confusing as you manage to ride in and out every day) Do have an oyster card but have to also travel further afield (tickets go back to 2003), work in Deptford.
-you are near sighted Yep
-Right handed Yep
-My bloody neck aches doing this one!
-you support charitable causes Now and again, why you say that?
-you have many tasks/meetings each day that are time critical Yep
-tea drinker Yep
-JD and ale bottles are a given, but proximity to mug suggests an occasional Tennessee coffee
-you play poker I like a tipple at work (took a year to drink the JD). Tea yes (I have had the same tea mug since 1989), coffee no. yes I play poker now and again (what makes you say that?).
-you dislike the feeling of stuffy air in the office. Correct. I like a nice bright, airy office.
-The Marshall's and Peavys (along with the flight cases) suggest a guitarist in the office (semi-accoustic by the looks of things) ...but not you. You sir, are a frustrated guitarist. Yep there is a guitarist in the office but the amps (a Marshall, a Peavy, a Burmann & a Hartke) & guitars (1 semi acoustic, 1 electric) belong to the company . Not a frustrated guitarist.
-your chair carries an additional back support, so you spend a good deal of time at the desk (why all that travel then?) Nope not back support, a Palmeiras FC (Brazilian footy team) shirt draped over the chair.
-old school outlook, not a fan of fads or vogues (no iphone, no apple mac and a trusty old paper diary) Correct

more to come, just need to go lie down and rub my neck

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
-you were and still are a fan of the original series of Batman, which suggests an interest in pop art as well as the creative professional interest. Nope.. never did like it. What makes you say that?
The Wonkey shot, very 70's

-you support charitable causes Now and again, why you say that?
Wrist bands on the blue ball

-you play poker I like a tipple at work (took a year to drink the JD). Tea yes (I have had the same tea mug since 1989), coffee no. yes I play poker now and again (what makes you say that?).
Mousemat

-you dislike the feeling of stuffy air in the office. Correct. I like a nice bright, airy office.
Plant gave that one away

-The Marshall's and Peavys (along with the flight cases) suggest a guitarist in the office (semi-accoustic by the looks of things) ...but not you. You sir, are a frustrated guitarist. Yep there is a guitarist in the office but the amps (a Marshall, a Peavy, a Burmann & a Hartke) & guitars (1 semi acoustic, 1 electric) belong to the company . Not a frustrated guitarist.
I wana work in your office..I can bring my own guitars and whiskey!

-your chair carries an additional back support, so you spend a good deal of time at the desk (why all that travel then?)Nope not back support, a Palmeiras FC (Brazilian footy team) shirt draped over the chair.
bugger missed that one

Top Bottom