What does your significant other think of your cycling hobby?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I once went to Barter Books in Alnwick whilst on holiday in Northumberland - another massive second-hand bookshop. Turns out my Dad had been there a couple of days before and spent a fortune on a signed 1st edition 1st print Biggles book.

These days it's worth about 10% of what he paid :ohmy:

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I always wondered if books find people and not the other way round.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I always wondered if books find people and not the other way round.

I'm pretty sure that it's people that are the ones in possession of greater mobility, and opposible thumbs - in the main. :okay:

Although I quite like the defence of.

"Oh, I have no idea where they all came from, they must have crept in through an open window, when I was out"

If challenged over a surfeit of books.:okay:

I'm pretty sure that it's people that are the ones in possession of greater mobility, and opposible thumbs - in the main. :okay:

Although I quite like the defence of.

"Oh, I have no idea where they all came from, they must have crept in through an open window, when I was out"

If challenged over a surfeit of books.:okay:

I usually blame the cats... :laugh:

Sometimes I reckon those two furry girls have far more brains than they're letting on...

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
If any significant other is against a cycling hobby then they should no longer be significant. :smile:

Yup, so long as any SO gets an equal amount of spare time, encouragement, and resources for their 'hobby' i don't see the problem ..

Oh and with the proviso that all parties are pulling their fair share of the weight on the other bits and pieces of day to day domestic and relationship maintenance, and input ongoing, that's needed.

Nope, I don't see why there should be any objections at all :okay:

John482

I'm single but my siblings don't really do anything physical. I'm the only one who is into stuff like that. No one says much about it or even much cares. I'm the only one who isn't fat is about it.

I think my wife thinks it is just a hobby and it is good for a man to have a hobby - because it stops me talking when she is watching constant news programmes all day!

We were talking about some person on the telly who had been found out having an affair - I commented about how difficult it would be to get away to see 'the other woman' - (other genders are available).
She commented - he could have just said he was going for a bike ride??

hmmmm

anyway - why would you only see 'her' in dry weather - but then I answered that myself quite quickly

12boy

Guru
Erma Bombeck once said something like " I've often thought about having an affair but I realized I have neither the time or the underwear for it." Fortunately for my 60 year affair with bikes, I found I don't need underwear.

Johnsco

Old Fettler
I've sometimes wondered, when I say "I'm off for a bike-ride", does she believe me ?
Perhaps the more valid question is - Does she much-care ?
It was actually my partner who suggested that I fettled up my old bike (It hadn't run for over 30 years).
I suppose I could ask the question the other way round .... ??

I wonder how many spouses sneak a check on Strava on occasion

or do they just realise that, for their other half, a choice between their new bike and an 18 year old blond nymphomaniac nurse is only going to go one way

the above comment only really works on a cycling forum

Top Bottom