What drinks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Gatorade diluted half with water, or green tea. Anything more than 40-50 miles, and I have a tea break scheduled for mid-point. Full on brewing, with a cake or two as well. Have to bring it all with, as Americcky is not so built up as Britain, distinct lack of services and cafes in the middle of nowhere.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Any squash with a little salt and sugar added, although given my modest level of athletic exertion, I expect plain water would be just as good for me.

I usually have a flask of coffee as well, and stop for a banana and a biscuit.

A couple of riders in my group say they sometimes carry an energy gel as a 'break glass' emergency boost towards the end of a longer ride.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Gatorade diluted half with water, or green tea. Anything more than 40-50 miles, and I have a tea break scheduled for mid-point. Full on brewing, with a cake or two as well. Have to bring it all with, as Americcky is not so built up as Britain, distinct lack of services and cafes in the middle of nowhere.

Not how I remember it..... Every 30 seconds is a sign for the golden arches or dunkin pizzaland! And that was upstate NH.

gavgav

Guru
Just water for me. Squash doesn't agree with me on the bike and @Rickshaw Phil 's brother has the same issue with it.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Just water in my camelbak as I can't be arsed to clean it after every ride. If the ride's long enough to where I will need extra energy then I carry power bars.

Do you just use a hydration pack to carry it? I was wondering how many people here use them, they're great for walking.

Top Bottom