What drinks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

gmw492

Veteran
Same here just whatever squash is in the cupboard,I've tried energy sachets and diluted tablets and to be honest I didn't notice the difference between them and juice from the cupboard,think they are mind over matter making you think they work although some people rate them I just found they didn't make any difference to me just dented my wallet a bit more than household juice,try one as a tester on a ride then you will tell,like I said they were no different to me :okay:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The Bromley, Bexley & Strood massive.. on one of the 100 mile a month challenges. Hydration is very important for long rides.
12_Berlin_Beer_bike.jpg

mjr

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I pop a Nuun tablet in a bottle . It has salts and stuff in it but I have no idea what they are I just like the taste of them :hungry:

Do you just use a hydration pack to carry it? I was wondering how many people here use them, they're great for walking.
They're even better for cycling as that's what they were invented for. I haven't used bottles in over a decade and much prefer a pack for roadie or mtb days on the bike. Currently using an octane xct as a simple way to carry 3 litres of water with tools, pump, tubes and phone.

mjr

http://shop.camelbak.com/octane-xct-discontinued/d/1047 ? Looks sweaty. Luggage on the bike's back, not the rider's back.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
Hydration pack with a 2l platypus in it, add ice on a hot day. Don't care about getting sweaty and means I can carry extra tools etc. if I need to. If I'm doing more than 30 miles, and when I was getting ready for the Ride London last year I'd have a water bottle with High 5 in it, tabs diluted in water, Pink Grapefruit I think, anything but berry. We don't normally have squash in the house and it didn't feel expensive, I think we bought two tubes of tablets on buy one get one half price. Didn't break the bank.
I have a couple of gels (High 5 again) and a mule bar in the ruck in case I want something energy wise, again I find at around the 35-40 mile mark a gel is handy. Again I could do other stuff, but I don't always use them and if I left a banana in my ruck for the length of time the mule bar had been there it would be singularly unsavoury when I finally needed it. If I'm riding solo (which is most often) I rarely do coffee & cake stops, just don't have the mentality for it, so having something I can use when I realise I need it just works for me.

And that's the thing, I'm very much leisure riding, there's no athlete status going on, so I do what works for me. I drink a lot so I carry a lot more fluids than others probably do. Best bet is to experiment with some things, and do what works for you.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Safe banana carriage on a bicycle is a problem.

The trunkbag on my new bike has lightweight drop down panniers bags.

A banana sits nicely padded in one of those without having to deploy the bag.

One can get rigid banana cases, but I always worry if the radius of my banana would fit.

http://shop.camelbak.com/octane-xct-discontinued/d/1047 ? Looks sweaty. Luggage on the bike's back, not the rider's back.
Sweaty is the norm when riding over here in the summer, regardless of wearing a pack. It's a small pack and so doesn't completely cover your back...
2500466a6f70e00fd7cab166842d3784fefeab68.jpg

Also I don't like hanging gear off the bike (road or mtb) as it makes the bike seem sluggish. Better on the body which has to move less in relation to how much I throw the bike about.

Top Bottom