What Facebook groups have you been banned from?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I've been banned from Birmingham Cycling. Somebody posted a tweet from Jeremy Corbyn promising free e-bikes after the revolution (sorry, election). An admin didn't like my sarcastic response and I am now no longer a member.

Oh dear...

IMHO, only foul language and/or personal insults are grounds for a ban. ;)

kapelmuur

Veteran
I've been banned from Birmingham Cycling. Somebody posted a tweet from Jeremy Corbyn promising free e-bikes after the revolution (sorry, election). An admin didn't like my sarcastic response and I am now no longer a member.
Did Jeremy really promise free e-bikes? I’ve become so fed up with the ludicrous lies from all sides that I’ve stopped following election news.
I’m currently in the market for an e-bike, so if there’s a chance of a freebie I’ll delay my purchase decision until after the election.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Did Jeremy really promise free e-bikes? I’ve become so fed up with the ludicrous lies from all sides that I’ve stopped following election news.
I’m currently in the market for an e-bike, so if there’s a chance of a freebie I’ll delay my purchase decision until after the election.
Yesterday's Sunday Times said that £200 grants would be made available for ebikes. The details of how your GP would write out a prescription for a Colnago were a bit sketchy.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I was threatened with a ban on here for starting a thread about bans from forums.

A few of those who spat the dummy about two years ago successfully turned the thread into a war zone.

Pity, because there was some good stories.

The safer question would be: What forums - apart from CycleChat - have you been banned from?

I think my answer is none, unless I've forgotten any.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Not banned but had a post or 2 taken down on a sewing group. I complained about Etsy members selling stuff they have imported from China then sell for 3 times the amount they paid for the item on Etsy.

It's supposed to be a place where people sell items they themselves have made. I thought it was relevant as some members of the group sell their items on that forum.

Sewing groups eh? Dog eat dog world out there folks. :laugh::laugh:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Not banned but had a post or 2 taken down on a sewing group. I complained about Etsy members selling stuff they have imported from China then sell for 3 times the amount they paid for the item on Etsy.

It's supposed to be a place where people sell items they themselves have made. I thought it was relevant as some members of the group sell their items on that forum.

my word.... you do like to live dangerously ;)

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine

I remember someone once saying they'd been banned from a fb 'slow cooker' group. :blink:

Still wonder to this day, what she'd said.

I'm currently on course to get myself banned from my Tory candidates fb page.

I keep going on there, and asking awkward questions about Brexit, and the NHS.

And supporting train guards right to strike, irritating politics, and suchlike.

I think he was expecting an easy ride.

But I am being everso polite :angel: unlike some of his supporters.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I remember someone once saying they'd been banned from a fb 'slow cooker' group. :blink:

Still wonder to this day, what she'd said.

I'm currently on course to get myself banned from my Tory candidates fb page.

I keep going on there, and asking awkward questions about Brexit, and the NHS.

And supporting train guards right to strike, irritating politics, and suchlike.

I think he was expecting an easy ride.

But I am being everso polite :angel: unlike some of his supporters.

Classic . Slow cooker group.:laugh:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.

Someone got the needle!:laugh:

Landsurfer

Veteran
Banned from the CTC Forum for using the word "Racial" in support of taxi drivers ........

From Rotherham !!

To be honest after 4 days playing "wack-a-mole" the mods apologised ... algorithm issue ....

But still banned from an internet forum ..... result .. another tick off the bucket list ....

Last edited:
Top Bottom