What Facebook groups have you been banned from?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
My sales Director is one of those. Uses big words but mis-uses them. I once saw a fax on an agent's desk from him and noticed that the agent had needed to get a dictionary and write the translations of many of the words in blue biro, which is unforgivable as communications with export customers ought to be clear, concise and understandable.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
My sales Director is one of those. Uses big words but mis-uses them. I once saw a fax on an agent's desk from him and noticed that the agent had needed to get a dictionary and write the translations of many of the words in blue biro, which is unforgivable as communications with export customers ought to be clear, concise and understandable.
My last week at my final job in the UK before heading to Asia, we got a new boss who gave us all a welcome speech and it was all the usual corporatespeak such as 'blue sky thinking' etc etc. At the end, I put my hand up and asked him to repeat it again in English.

Cue much sniggering from the rest of the employees. Final week, what was he going to do? :okay:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Mrs D tells me that our village page is run by a bunch of self appointed arbiters of what is right to discuss, or even what views to hold about village life. Some wag has apparently started a Not the Our Village Facebook page, and instead of green fields and picturesque cottages the cover photo is a supermarket trolley in a ditch. It's apparently many times more popular that the regular village page.

I self banned myself from Facebook over 18 months ago. I named our village 'facebook' page "The Village Idiots page". It was full of either air heads or a right nasty bunch. Dare you 'suggest' that parking down a 1930's 'Cul-de-Sac' just to drop your kids as close as possible to school, when they were moaning about the jams was a little bit stupid, where the was space to park 2-3 minutes walk away - oh my did certain parent's kick off. Usual responses about not having time etc. Suggest setting off a few minutes earlier.... The Primary had even had trouble with a parent getting aggressive with a taxi driver dropping off a child with special needs, as he had 'blocked' their path - said parent had actually driven from 400 yards away.

I decided, that being informed about the local village just wasn't worth listening to the inbreds. :wacko:

OP
OP
Chris S

Chris S

Legendary Member
Did Jeremy really promise free e-bikes? I’ve become so fed up with the ludicrous lies from all sides that I’ve stopped following election news.
I’m currently in the market for an e-bike, so if there’s a chance of a freebie I’ll delay my purchase decision until after the election.
Unfortunately I've been banned from the group so I can't get a screenshot of the Tweet.

To me, it's so
That's because I'm quite good at walking away from online confrontation.
Meanwhile, in real life: :boxing: :gun: :evil:
:laugh:
Good approach. Fair chance as well that the confrontational types you are walking away from online will, in real life, scuttle away before you've barely opened your mouth, or not say boo to a goose, or just scowl from the sidelines.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I've been in trouble once on Singletrack for posting about Africans, which is a taboo subject because virtue-signallers are always on the look out for a reason to be offended no matter how neutral your language or well-informed your post. I think a few of the PC crowd have had a pop at me here on CC as well, probably those who have never set foot on the continent.

Dave7

Legendary Member
@Pat "5mph" ...... a question, if I may.
If, on CC, someone posts an obvious offensive/unacceptable comment (not me of course ^_^).......can a single Mod take the decision to ban that person or do some of the Mods have to 'discuss' it.

Nibor

Bewildered
I was banned from the Hyndburn Chat FB group for asking why they had deleted pictures my OH had posted of Blackburn (the next town) Banned without explanation. I think you can get banned from that group or simply being a member.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Never use a short word where a convoluted polysyllabic alternative is existentially available.

Top Bottom