What Facebook groups have you been banned from?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Indeed.
I was 'forced' to join some years ago when a close relative was organising a funeral and all arrangements were on a (private) chat thingy.

Reminds me - for a fair while fb kept recommending someone to me as a fb friend who i knew to be dead. I did know them when alive and had been to their funeral (not arranged in fb) but had had no dealings with them on fb. Kinda especially spooky as i had also read (tho i think fb has always denied it) that if you got repeated suggestions about a person it meant that they had been looking at your profile.

Levo-Lon

Guru
MTBE, funny as fook, i think most of us got a ban when the owner was pulled up on a prize con..
As for FB and the other follow someone elses life as yours is crap.. Ffs get one

You, simple fools: "I've been banned from a facebook group about glamping because I said that tepees were cultural appropriation"
Me, a genius: I banned myself from Facebook because they are morally bankrupt, psychologically manipulative, farking daffodil shoot baxters who cannot be trusted with a single byte of data

Trek_Girl

Regular
Most facebook groups are run by Nazi patrol officers who couldnt crack a smile on their face if their life depended on it. I received nasty bullying comments on a Facebook group including one such comment addressed to me from a bloke telling me to go learn how to ride your bike you prick.

They seem to be full of attention seekers trying to out do each other on strava or sit making endless posts about bike cleaner from Aldi. But when I make a post or post something funny I'm spamming the group. Whatever.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
None; I generally don't join FB groups since they tend to attract the absolute dregs of humanity IME..

GetFatty

Über Member
London Taxi Drivers Association. I really, really, really tried not to say anything that would identify me as a cyclist but the rubbish that was spouted on there I couldn't help myself. I did however learn that cyclists are not top of the black cabbies hit list. Oh no we're a way down. The list is:

• Yellow badge drivers that tout for trade in central London
  • Cabbies who jump the queue at busy stations to get the best passengers
  • Uber Drivers
  • Cyclists
They are a very strange bunch led by that McNamara bloke who hasn't quite made it into the 20th Century yet

Drago

Legendary Member
None, because I'm still not on Facebook. Or Twatter. Or TitTok. Or Instantgran.

It's the most relaxing way.

Last edited:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
CTC forum a very nice place in my opinion.
But it's prude robot is a thing to behold.
Can be educational - taught me the word "micturate".

Not so sure. There's some quite blatant sexism and racism on there - far worse than here. But if you use the word "arse" even when talking about bicycle saddles it gets changed, which obfuscates the meaning as you could be talking about pain in other parts

Not so sure. There's some quite blatant sexism and racism on there - far worse than here. But if you use the word "arse" even when talking about bicycle saddles it gets changed, which obfuscates the meaning as you could be talking about pain in other parts
I'm not aware of any blatant sexism and racism at all. Some folks have a very wide definition of the term sexism anyway, even if they are prepared to define it. I don't as a rule go anywhere near the teashop/cafe though.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
I was banned from the hpibajaowners group on face ache. I had offered members of said group a 5% discount on my website using a unique promo code. I was told that I hadn’t asked permission to offer the discount to his group members :laugh:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Many many moons ago, I was banned from a local freecycle group; the sort that was email only. Each week an list of offers and wants was emailed to all subscribers... but every now and again, in the 'wants' list, someone would have a listing along the lines of "Wanted: People to boycott such and such antique shop for having an old Roberson's Jam Poster on display. I asked them to take it down and they refused. So please boycott this racist shop" ...every time i saw one the "Wanted, people to adhere to my moral code." listings, i couldn't help but reply with a piss take... it took about four for me to get banned. :blush:

Top Bottom