What fixie "tribe" are you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Christopher

Über Member
browncup
You can upload them to flickr or any other photo website & then link to them here. There's a thread on how to do just that on the forum somewhere but I can't find it.

As for the OP, who cares? At least you're riding, and not stuck in a traffic jam in a car or crammed into a Tube carriage

ShannonBall

Über Member
I'm in the **** You And Your Tribes tribe

Tynan

Veteran
them fessengers are a scream, so many of them too, took me a long time to realise what was going on

absolutely full on everything, just too bloody clean and smart and too bloody slow

GrahamG

Guru
COming back to this one - to increase my 'fraudax' credentials, I've just fitted a knackered old green saddle bag (complete with YHA sticker!) to this:

Bike%20091.jpg

Paul_Smith SRCC

www.plsmith.co.uk
Twenty Inch said:
What fixie “tribe” are you?

According to the latest Cycle magazine, fixie riders can be divided up into 4 tribes: messengers (speaks for itself), fakengers – usually city boys who look like messengers but are clean and have new kit, hipsters from Hoxton and Shoreditch who ride in skinny jeans, and fraudax riders – full mudguards, pannier rack, found on the Dunwich Dynamo and commuting from South London.

I’m definitely in the Fraudax camp, I laughed out loud when I read it, as it’s me to a T.

What do other forum members identify with?
Fraudax and proud :wacko:

Paul_Smith
www.corridori.co.uk

NickM

Veteran
Fab Foodie said:
Excellent! Love the Moulton. I hurtled around on one as a kid, great bikes, really great. Love to see pics of the final build.
Well here it is, finally all done - now if only the white stuff would just go away I could test ride it :evil:
Mk3after.jpg

NickM

Veteran
Thank you very much, chaps :laugh: :sad: :thumbsup:

Get you down to your local cycle jumble, and you never know...

Mine is a Moulton Mark 3, preferred to the earlier Series 1 and 2 versions for its triangulated rear end. However, it has Series 1 forks, preferred to the Mark 3 ones for their better construction (no pressed ends for me!) and more normal over-locknut dimension. The other crucial part is the Torpedo Duomatic rear hub with its coaster brake, because there's nowhere to mount a caliper brake on an unmodified Mark 3 rear triangle. My front brake is a Tektro R556, but if you used Alex Moulton 17" rims (rather than my bike's 16" ones) a 57mm drop caliper would work fine. Tyres are 349 Stelvios.

The credit for building it belongs mainly to my good friend Andy, who solved all the Raleigh-related difficulties* :biggrin:

Happy hunting! :smile:

*mainly to do with the non-standard bottom bracket

Top Bottom