What Fresh Hell is This? Part 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You can add square sausage, haggis and a mix of fried and scrambled eggs to the list of wrong options. Imho a full English is fried eggs, bacon (undercooked usually), cheap sausage, toast, optional baked beans, black pudding and toast. Mushrooms are optional. Fried tomato is optional but I have to ask why?

bobzmyunkle

square sausage, haggis
Wouldn't that make it a Scottish breakfast?
A few years back, I was in Ireland and ordered an Irish Breakfast. 'Do you want puddings with that? I was confused, does it come with apple crumble, trifle etc?
No, black and white pudding.

gbb

Legendary Member
'Pineqpple has a long tradition on people's breakfast plates' says he.
So much so, I can't ever remember it....but it must be true, he said it. :smile:

That said, who wants to eat the same thing all your life, It could tempt me, freshen things up, make it a little interesting?

A few years back, I was in Ireland and ordered an Irish Breakfast. 'Do you want puddings with that? I was confused, does it come with apple crumble, trifle etc?

Yes but I've seen it sold in England as a full English. That's why I said it shouldn't be there.

I believe white pudding and fried potato slices too. I've had a full English with potato too which is wrong for a full English breakfast imho. I believe it should also include a mug of tea too but I think that's supplementary and optional. For me it's coffee in the morning but that's my choice as in optional.

Really early English breakfasts were a show of wealth among gentry in the 15th century i read once. The use of lots of cooked meats for breakfast showed wealth. aiui originally lamb chops were part of the English n breakfast. Times and ingredients change with time. Although it's probably Mrs beeton who kind of fixed it as we know it. 1860 I think.

Slick

Guru
That's what you get for leaving a tattie scone shaped space on your breakfast plate. It was only ever going to be a matter of time before some hipster rocked up with a slice of pineapple. Its the thin end of the wedge I tell you, and it will be all granola and quinoa before can say square sausage mate. :okay:

Pineapple with anything accept pineapple is an offense that should warrant an immediate prison sentence. xx(

How about Pizza???

I did go somewhere once that severed an "all day breakfast"
except that the hash browns were replaced with chips after 12

now I'm all for a portion of chips
but that is a step too far!
(but not as far as pineapple!)

tyred

Legendary Member

Depends whereabouts in Ireland you are. What you get will vary quite a bit. The Ulster fry is best. :hungry:

R (14).jpeg

Top Bottom