What Galstonbury coverage are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I haven't watched any of it yet, but have a few acts lined up to watch in the coming week(s) including Temples, The XX, Joe Goddard, DJ Shadow, First Aid Kit, etc.

I'll be avoiding bloody Radiohead like the plague though. I watched their '96 set and never wanted to hear their durgeful droning whines ever again. :smile:

None of it, I don't get BBC on my TV - we got notified a few months ago that the signal was changing and... akshully I'm not sure what the and was as I didn't pay attention so now do not have access to any BBC channels. I initially tried re-tuning and the usual on/off solution which usually fixes all problems, but to no effect. Now I just accept I cannae get BBC, and I can't say I feel as if I am missing anything.

I also noted yesterday that if you want to listen to BBC radio online you need to "sign in", which I cannot be arsed to do and see no point in it other than more bloody information about me being held by someone with no need for it. So that's online radio buggered too.

Anyway, Glasto. I possibly might have had it on in the background but most of it is gash.

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

None of it, I don't get BBC on my TV - we got notified a few months ago that the signal was changing and... akshully I'm not sure what the and was as I didn't pay attention so now do not have access to any BBC channels. I initially tried re-tuning and the usual on/off solution which usually fixes all problems, but to no effect. Now I just accept I cannae get BBC, and I can't say I feel as if I am missing anything.

I also noted yesterday that if you want to listen to BBC radio online you need to "sign in", which I cannot be arsed to do and see no point in it other than more bloody information about me being held by someone with no need for it. So that's online radio buggered too.

Anyway, Glasto. I possibly might have had it on in the background but most of it is gash.
Thank you for another insightful contribution to CycleChat

the stupid one

Über Member
I watched Katy Perry with our daughter yesterday, and Foo Fighters last night before bed. Dave Grohl is an awfully engaging fellow.

Mostly, though, I've been waiting for BBC iPlayer to get the Sleaford Mods' set up-and-running. They did so this morning. It was phenomenal.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Radiohead were brilliant. I fully understand how some people don't like them, but I do fortunately. Their musicianship was A1 and the set list was a treat.

Last night I watched Foo Fighters. Now this is a band I don't get. Not sure why, I think I find it a bit shouty and the music a bit samey. Stage craft wise, I thought they/Dave Grohl was bloody good and they certainly engaged the crowd. I enjoyed watching lots of young girls in the crowd having a good old sing along, it's nice to know the don't all just like Beiber and Little Mix!

First Aid Kit. Seen them live and they are really good. Not sure if there were enough of their fans in the crowd though. It felt a bit flat.

Elbow. Can't go wrong really.

Stormzy. I understand how da kidz like him, but you know.... any musician who constantly grabs their crotch is a bell end in my book.

Not seen much of Billy Bragg on the telly, this isn't good!

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

Might check out Stormzy and a handful of other young british urban artists... i feel it's my duty somehow.

No interest in Foo Fighters either, and Elbow are a funny band. I like hearing them on the radio, but didn't like the album i bought, nor have i enjoyed any of their past glastonbury sets. I suppose i can only handle them one song at a time.

And yes... Sleaford Mods are a high priority.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Foo Fighters, legends, best set at this years Glastonbury, although perhaps not as good as Adele last year.

Katy Perry was surprisingly good.

Father John Misty was also very good.

Radiohead, didn't like them 20 years ago so saw no reason to watch them now.

Top Bottom