What Galstonbury coverage are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
- enjoying First Aid Kit, again ....

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Father John Misty was also very good.

I find his music utterly joyless, and that translated into a thoroughly tedious live set. Even Radiohead don't take themselves that seriously.

Foo Fighters, on the other hand, were clearly having a lot of fun. I'm not a huge fan but I like some of their songs and they do themselves justice on stage. I particularly enjoyed their take on Under Pressure.

The Jacksons were good last night too. Phoenix looked pretty awesome. The Amazons rocked. Little Dragon were fun.

Favourite discovery of the festival so far is Daymé Arocena - lovely performance on the BBC backstage bit last night.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Just listened to Barry Gibb on the wireless in the garden.

Oh dear. The bloke has some great songs in his repertoire but today he sounded like a pub tribute act. :ohmy:
Falsetto in your 70's is never going to sound great. He can still get up that high but it is very forced.
In his interview after he said this was his first show on 3 months, so maybe he needs to get the voice warmed up a bit.

TVC

Just listened to Barry Gibb on the wireless in the garden.

Oh dear. The bloke has some great songs in his repertoire but today he sounded like a pub tribute act. :ohmy:
Try watching it on the telly, yes he struggled quite a lot, but there was a proper party going on. Such a shame that the three of them didn't get to do it.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
BadBadNotGood were quite agreeable.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Foo Fighters, but found their stuff a bit samey.

The lead singer connects well with the audience, but the music, while technically well played, seems to me to lack joy and spontaneity.

Top Bottom