What Garmin Computer Should I Get?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
I suppose it depends on what you'll be using it for. I find the 520 does everything I need for commuting, directions and leisure rides (not that I do many of those).

dim

get the 1000 ... there's still a few minor bugs but they are fixing it ... the v11.10 software (the latest release) has sorted most of the problems and mine works well ... I get the occasional time when it just switches off (many have reported this), and it's something on the new software (which will be sorted soon with the next update) ... no major problem, as when you switch it back on, you still have your current ride up to date and active

I looked at all the other models but wanted one with a larger screen .... add the varia radar unit, a protective film cover, and the remote control switch and you have a very good satnav system

when you connect all of the above, battery life should be ok for between 6-7 hrs, but if you want to go for longer rides, it's advisable to get an external battery pack as a backup (there are cheap small units as large as a lipstick)

some say that Garmin will introduce a new model/models in early 2017, but no official word from Garmin yet (as far as know)

Top Bottom