what happened on tonights commute?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maylian

Veteran
Bit late but I decided to run home last night instead and I got a smile and wave from a female runner on the way....really made me smile! Didn't see her cycling home tonight though :sad:

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Disappointing ride home last night.

Didn't get any help from any South African-born friends. Didn't find any Australians cracking under the pressure on the Col-de-Cannon Hill Park, and crested the final Col-du-Front-Drive on my own without any recognition at all. Didn't get emotional.

On the positive side, no one knocked me off my steed with a bit of over-enthusiastic flag waving.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Currently on train part of my commute to chichester then ride from there, before this I had to ride from office in edgware rd to hammersmith at 4pm, had to stop under a tree for 10 mins in sussex gdns, because of a downpour honest, then on to vic station. This morning coming in from goodwood, coming through lavant, two 18 year olds passed me in their lycra on road bikes, I thought sod and gave a bit of a chase. Mid 50s , on hybrid , two weighty panniers , I was just about overtaking one, he weaved out and near knocked me off my bike in shock, his face was priceless , needless to say he dug deep and took off , followed closely by me. It did make me titter, this post, parts of it do sound a bit dubious though :smile:

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
On commute in (today),Ambulance did a nice pull out from a side road,he went through a red and had his flashing lights on (I had a green traffic signal) but I hadn't seen him till late,perhaps a blast on the sirens might have helped warn me instead the visual sight of an ambulance blocking my path..Was he answering a call or jumping the light,my camera will give me the answer to that,bloody dodgy though,close to getting a customer he was (That is the second time that has happened with an ambulance there..no other vehicle has offended there.)....Good ride back,very few problems,Stratford looked busy with the Olympic stuff.Sixth day of commuting for me and was dreading it coming back,hot and im exhausted but I didn't suffer Friday legs.

Top Bottom