What happens to bands?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

Peter Coyle of The Lotus Eaters is still performing, a bit earnest and political. He is bezzie mates with Gary and Eddie of China Crisis and supports them quite often. I saw him a couple of years ago, not that bothered by his stuff, but his solo acapella version of first picture of you was very good.

Before you ask about China Crisis, they continue to work and sell out smaller venues. Every Christmas they do two nights at the Cavern Club which they refer to as 'the works do' and is a proper rammed party, great fun to be at. Gary is very active on Faceache and with the CC appreciation society has a close, substantial band of fans. A couple of years ago they crowd funded a new album, which is stonking, both 6 Music and Radio 2 have picked it up. They are working on a distribution deal right now, but you can find it on Youtube.

Tomorrow we are off to see The Mission. Again, new methods mean you don't need a record deal, just to be internet savvy and willing to promote yourself and there is a career to be had.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I heard that Flock of Seagulls front man Mike Score gave up music, grew old, changed his name to Donald and became POTUS!

Mike Score.jpg
Trump hair.jpg

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Tomorrow we are off to see The Mission.

Is Wayne still giving a nod to cross dressing...? I remember he occasionally wrote a skirt and did his nails. Loved them in my youth, the Sisters too and the Nephilim. Proper little goth I was.....you too I reckon @The Velvet Curtain .

Drago

Legendary Member
Jethro Tull, the Worlds greatest ever band, ceased as an act about a decade ago. Ian Anderson still going strong, 70 years old and prances about the place like the Court Jester he always was.

He plays the Tull repertoire, and his own solo work. Slightly confusingly, all his band are former Tull members, albeit not from any of the classic line ups, so you can still go and see Jethro Tull performing in all but name.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I guess a lot just grow up and priorities change..
How many of us are doing now what we did as 20 somethings in our 40's 50's.

What amuses me is when a band is in several different forms at the same time as a single band member gets a backing act and uses the name.

I remember a few years ago when there was a band called "Andersen, Bruford, Wakeman, Howe" who were touring and performing "An evening of Yes Music"

All because of a legal case which prevented the large majority of the ban'ds members using the name "Yes

I guess a lot just grow up and priorities change..
How many of us are doing now what we did as 20 somethings in our 40's 50's.
Well, it must be nice to have a talent that you enjoy doing and that others appreciate. I missed them but a little while ago The Osmonds played a gig in Edinburgh, a small venue, little publicity, driving their own van. Just doing it for the fun of it. A work colleague went with his wife, a good time was had by all.

Top Bottom