What happens to bands?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

Is Wayne still giving a nod to cross dressing...? I remember he occasionally wrote a skirt and did his nails. Loved them in my youth, the Sisters too and the Nephilim. Proper little goth I was.....you too I reckon @The Velvet Curtain .
I wasn't really a Goth, just liked the music. I saw The Mission in 86 at Leicester Poly, on the same tour as Marmion's video clip above. I didn't really know anything about them, but wandered through the students union in the afternoon, saw their stage set up and took a punt on tickets for me and a house mate.
I will let you know tomorrow if they still have it.

Lee_M

Guru
Not like shooty school stuff, but proper bands that were once at the top of their game...

Examples

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opkzgLMH5MA

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEE-Hl80fFk

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeZkLV3ZjeI

Feel free to add videos, and answer "what happened or where are they?"

From the examples you've given they've given up playing if we're really lucky

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member

If you've not seen any of the Brian Pern programmes, they sum up perfectly what happens to old bands.
:laugh:

TVC

If you've not seen any of the Brian Pern programmes, they sum up perfectly what happens to old bands.
:laugh:

Yes, you get those who haul themselves back on the road because the money has run out, but there are some who do it for the fun. My previous example of China Crisis are a couple of guys with jobs who perform for the enjoyment on their terms and have a brilliant relationship with their fans. Also there are the likes of Terry & Gerry, Gerry Colvin has worked as a folk singer with his band since their brief flash of fame in the mid 80s and is well respected. Terry Lilly finished his medical studies and has worked as a Doctor in Brum since. A couple of years ago they 'put the band back together' and play half a dozen or so small gigs every year just for laughs.

Last edited:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Anyone know what happened to Shaky Stevens?

edit - I suppose I should have just googled it, but I sometimes forget google exists :laugh:

Anyway, he's still going strong, and is touring this year

I saw him a few weeks ago, he was excellent, you'd be disappointed if you just wanted 80s hits as he played everything from his excellent new album and a ton of great rock and roll, first rate band too.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Hmmm...

Whilst they aint no Goth band The Cure have never split, though personnel have gone and come and gone, are still headlining festivals all over the world, and show no signs of slowing down despite not having released a new album in about 10 years. But I'm biased....

TVC

I wasn't really a Goth, just liked the music. I saw The Mission in 86 at Leicester Poly, on the same tour as Marmion's video clip above. I didn't really know anything about them, but wandered through the students union in the afternoon, saw their stage set up and took a punt on tickets for me and a house mate.
I will let you know tomorrow if they still have it.
Yes they do.

Top Bottom