What has happened to the CycleChat Facebook page?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
But @Shaun - if you want traffic to THIS site, why dilute it with a facebook site that people can have conversations on? At present, it is a bit like a shop window for CycleChat - more likely to get people to come here if they can't get the full thing on facebook.

The idea was simply to bring CycleChat to a wider audience in the hope we can expand out little community; have people befriend CC on Facebook and interact with us there, and in doing so have that interaction broadcast to people they know.

I'm a tech guy, not a marketing guy, so perhaps it's simply better to let people do that themselves, naturally, via their own social media interactions. :thumbsup:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Something I have become aware of this year, up here in CC Ecosse land, is that some of the 'regulars' have not been following the Informal Rides on the main CC Forum but on CC Facebook (which I don't do). This has meant that they only get their information about the rides from the Facebook page, not the main forum, - which they have not been on much, if at all.

I would like to see them back on 'main CC', not on FB.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Well, @Shaun could look into the revenue aspect of having a cc fb page with lots of traffic. If it's worth developing a "well liked" page to attract sponsors, us "chatty" members could help :girl:

sazzaa

Aye, I've seen that. It's not as good as a group pge though.

Agreed! I'd be more likely to post in a closed group than on a public page. Forums are for cycling discussions, Facebook is for being a bit more sociable and having a nosey at profiles etc!

Shaun

Founder
Having thought about it for a few days I'm going to close the CC Facebook fan page for now (as well as those associated with the "other" forums).

Thanks to those who've visited the fan page and liked it, but I don't really have the time to develop them properly at the moment and feel my time would be better spent on the sites themselves. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom