What has my 6 quid got me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru
The OP's bike is from the 70's (or maybe just into the 80's), not sure about the tandem. What's the decal say we're the downtube meets the seat lug?

OP
OP
Bobby Maclean

Bobby Maclean

DCF40BB3-9D25-426C-98DC-D6AF57FAD512.jpeg
The OP's bike is from the 70's (or maybe just into the 80's), not sure about the tandem. What's the decal say we're the downtube meets the seat lug?
A bike shop called the tandem. On the old Kent road?

Reactions: mjr

midlife

Guru
I don't recall Falcon supplying to anybody to put their decals on. Rumour has it they used to do contract work for Raleigh but not small shops.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I don't recall Falcon supplying to anybody to put their decals on. Rumour has it they used to do contract work for Raleigh but not small shops.

It isn't necessarily a Falcon. They have the same cheap, pressed lugs, but different, again cheap, pressed fork crowns. Other details are different, and I wouldn't mind betting the Falcon doesn't have chromed fork blades.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Same lugs, same fork crown - it looks almost the same to me... the only difference I can se is that the globetrotter has a pump retaining thing (I don't know what their proper name is!) on the down tube.

Top Bottom