What has priced itself out of YOUR budget?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Everything. Being a relative tight wad, I COULD afford to double what I pay for shopping , but choose not to. Im a bit of a die hard , curmudgeonly, bah, I'm not paying that !

I've no aversion to buying cheap brands...as long as they taste ok, and tbf, they usually do. I won't however save money by buying something that's inferior in taste.

Talking to our local farmer we get eggs, potatoes and veg off, I remarked the other day...we had it cheap in this country, let's face it, food was cheap, now its not. Its just the reality we live right now.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Another new bike this year, might have to put that on hold.

Slick

Guru
There are several clues in that pic as to the nationality and gender of the person eating that poor offering......
1. Lager drinker (must be a girlie then).
2. Green things on plate x 2.
3. Tartare sauce.
4. Unless it's the lighting, that shirt is bulging in places where no man should be bulging.

Given that there is sizeable support for RFC south of the border (in small, declining northern* market towns, for example), I am proposing that this is not representative of a proper Scottish fish supper consumer. More likely one of you lot seeking out some culture in a foreign land. Probably wanted paella but couldn't pronounce it.

*Claim to be northern as they aspire to be Scottish, but in reality you are down south.
You can tell the old police training is still there, I didn't even notice that. A sure sign I'm getting old. :laugh:
Chelsea fan imo
Fresh from causing mischief during the euefa cup final. Bastards :okay:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Beluga caviar is getting a bit pricy. I may have to cancel the daily helicopter deliveries and send my man down to Fortnum's for it. Oh the shame.

A Dutchman who owned the isle of Coll used to send his private helicopter over to Mull for such things.
De Fries I think his name was. He returned to Holland unwisely and may be out of jail by now since this was a few years ago.

stephec

Legendary Member
Football match tickets!
And that's only Bradford city!

Coincidentally, about five minutes ago I was looking at prices for Bolton next season.

When the Reebok opened in 1997 I paid £186 for a north stand lower season ticket, they're now only £279 which was a bit of a surprise, although that first season was in the Premier league and not the third tier.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Ah, I see you have found my holiday snaps from last year. :okay:

Very astute of you to notice the time, you are quite right of course as no self-respecting Jock goes on to the whisky until after 9am. :shy:

One point of order though. You will notice the pint is well on its way to being tanned, (probably a term for the colloquialisms thread) whilst the mushy peas remain untouched. When in Rome and all that, as we wouldn't insult the locals by trashing their food choices, I mean, we're not animals. :okay:

I noticed the fish has the obligatory once again, wedge of lemon on top. :rolleyes: To me, lemon like vinegar is so acidic!:thumbsdown: Even worse than lemon, I've seen restaurant/cafe fish and chips with wedges of almost battery acid level lime on top!:ohmy: Even worse than that! Many years ago I visited a chip shop in the Wolverhampton, Walsall area that sold (apparently a local delicacy) battered cod roe/fish eggs!!:ohmy: xx( :laugh:

Last edited:

Gwylan

Veteran
Mushy peas are a symbol of northern culinary hegemony.

Top Bottom