What has priced itself out of YOUR budget?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Cakes in Garden Centre Cafes.Today after cleaning the house for Father in Law.Oh boy a full clean and was i wiped out.Anyway £4-60 on average for a slice of cake £5-20 the most expensive,i bought a lovely scone still pricey but at least it was big.But i can see that might just go in future visits and a shortbread bikkie looks good value.

PK99

Legendary Member
As the price of seemingly everything goes up and up on a daily basis, what items or services are you no longer prepared to pay the asking price for?

Given that we have generous final salary pensions plus state pensions and a substantial savings buffer we are in the fortunate position of not being priced out of anything we have habitually spent our money on.

Two factors at play:

Shrouds don't have pockets - kids might inherit a bit less but we are not going to run out.

And

Those of us who continue to have enough cash should continue to spend and keep the local economy going.
Though I must say, I'm even more inclined to give my business to the small shop/restaurant rather than the Corporate chains. I've always avoided the likes of Starbucks, now we actively seek the small local Caff.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
20240206_125339.jpg

Funnily enough, I had a brilliant fish supper from the Carron in Stonehaven today (where the deep fried Mars bar thing started).
£9.20 of loveliness.

Mushy peas are vile things and have no place with fish and chips. :okay:

Heathen! 😂

Adam4868

Guru
Chips and scraps and mushy peas swimming in vinegar....and the cheap spicy curry sauce,non of that muc with raisins in it.
I'm hungry just thinking of it.

Top Bottom