what headset do i need?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
You can replace the sealed bearings with exactly the same sized bearings or buy a new headset which may be easier.

The Cane Creek Headset Finder suggests you need the IS41 headset from their 40 series range - but I would try and confirm this.

I have tried googling the dimensions and think that they are 41mm Outside diameter (OD) and 36x45 - you need to check the existing bearings which should have some of the measurements written on the side.

OP
OP
jifdave

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
You can replace the sealed bearings with exactly the same sized bearings or buy a new headset which may be easier.

The Cane Creek Headset Finder suggests you need the IS41 headset from their 40 series range - but I would try and confirm this.

I have tried googling the dimensions and think that they are 41mm Outside diameter (OD) and 36x45 - you need to check the existing bearings which should have some of the measurements written on the side.

lovely thanks for this.

I shall have her in bits tomorrow and may be back just to confirm

OP
OP
jifdave

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
So I bought the headset that cane creek said, the crown race at the bottom doesn't fit.

Nightmare! The old headset bearing all were rubbish and are now in the bin.

Shall have to take her to a shop. Booo

lpretro1

If it is an integrated one you only needed the bearings which your LBs should have been able to supply :sad:

Fab

All sorted. The problem was me. Didn't quite realise how tight crown race was... All working now.

Hi Dave. Could you please let us know how you fixed it and the exactly part or dimensions? I have an Endurace AL 6 with similar problem. Contact process with Canyon is taking too long.

Thanks!

Top Bottom