What I.D, do you carry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Svendo

Guru
ICE in my phone, I unlock it before each ride. Maybe something with my blood group on would be a good idea. If only I knew what it was!
I have heard that Hospitals don't trust anyone's reported blood group if a transfusion is necessary, as the risks of a mistake are too high. They use universal blood (O-) and wait until they've done their own typing test.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I have heard that Hospitals don't trust anyone's reported blood group if a transfusion is necessary, as the risks of a mistake are too high. They use universal blood (O-) and wait until they've done their own typing test.

Same as what a paramedic friend of mine said.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
My wife always tells me to carry something that would identify me, but surely the main thing is that you are found and someone calls the ambo if you can't. I suppose having something to tell your blood group or any other important medical information would help.....probably overlooking something obvious as I often do.
Allergies are very important, ER can always give you "O"- until they type you for blood, but that won't kill you, or send you into aniphilectic shock. Some people are very allergic to penicillin or sulfa drugs.Drugs you take are very critical as well due to interactions they may have. A contact person is also good. But the thing nowadays is getting found in time. When I worked in Security, it amazed myself and others how many people, once they were in an accident, figured they were in the clear if they could just flee the scene. Medical history is important too. Mine's about the size of Boswells' Life of Johnson.

Top Bottom