What I.D, do you carry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I've just had my ICE details printed on a sticker which is on the back of one of my business cards. This is kept in the waterproof zipvit wallet I keep my phone, debit card & a tenner in. Figured the phone is passcoded and might be borked in an accident.

As long as the little wallet stays with my mortal remains it should help.

Ben M

I carry my student card in my saddle bag because it would be easy to contact my college to get my next of kin details from that.

I guess I should sort out something with the details themselves as that would make life easier.

wealthysoup

I carry a RoadID.

I asked a paramedic friend of mine about what info to have on it. He said that there was no point at all in including blood group as they WILL cross match before giving you any blood, regardless of what you're carrying . If you're "bleeding out" then they will give you O+ until they can cross match.

What info did he recommend having on it?

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Dog Tag with name and address and medical notes,contact # , St Michael medal, and a fob on my key chain that says" Episcopalian " and on the obverse says "In case of Emergency call a Priest". I kind of jingle, going down the road.

Peddlar

Spinning Addict!
As I spend a lot of time exercising alone outdoors, or in my incompetent gym without ID. I wear a road ID Slim, which is a small rubber bracelet (Like the Livstrong) which has my Name, Hometown and three contacts with phone numbers on them. Means I never have to remember ID and should calamity strike when I least expect it, they'll know who I am and my contacts can tell them anything about me. Cheap as chips and best product I found:-

http://www.roadid.com/p/the-Wrist-ID-Slim

Osh

i just take a credit card, but i ride with a guy who's on anticoagulants so if he has a fall needs urgent medical attention as bleeding won't stop - that's the kind of info it's worth having on a wristband or something

i just take a credit card, but i ride with a guy who's on anticoagulants so if he has a fall needs urgent medical attention as bleeding won't stop - that's the kind of info it's worth having on a wristband or something
that's why I prefer the medic alert bracelet. They don't need to know your name to treat your life threatening medical conditions. names can be obtained at a phone call and quoting an id number once you have dealt with the lfe threatening medical condition and the person is 'safe'. for me it is NSAIDs - so the stuff you usually get given when you have an accident to prevent inflammation (ibuprofen/aspirin etc) and the need for steriods in an accident/emergency.

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
I carry my bank card and driving license (photocard)...no matter how short the journey

Road ID with:

Name
House No and Postcode
ICE telephone No
Home telephone No
Blood Group

My mobile phone also has a list of ICE numbers
Sometimes carry my wallet, which has endless forms of ID!

flissh

I carry a RoadID.

I asked a paramedic friend of mine about what info to have on it. He said that there was no point at all in including blood group as they WILL cross match before giving you any blood, regardless of what you're carrying . If you're "bleeding out" then they will give you O+ until they can cross match.

If you need blood in a hurry it's O- they give ;)
I usually carry phone and credit card. Must think about getting id put on the locked screen of my phone

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
Strip of white electrical tape, mrs's number as emergency contact on it in marker pen, stuck on the back of my phone. Job done.

Not my idea tho, 'twas that scene in black hawk down where the delta guys were taping their blood group onto their boots.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
My wife always tells me to carry something that would identify me, but surely the main thing is that you are found and someone calls the ambo if you can't. I suppose having something to tell your blood group or any other important medical information would help.....probably overlooking something obvious as I often do.

Top Bottom