What I.D, do you carry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trickedem

Guru
I have printed a little piece of paper with my name and a couple of contacts. I've then laminated it and wear it around my neck

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
I usually carry my oystercard as it contains all my bank/credit cards, library cards, nectar and tesco cards and my professional insurance id. There's be no mistake as to my name although I never carry my address with me.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
I've just bought some dog tags off ebay. My name and address and phone plus wifeys number.
I had an ICE number in my phone but figured if I had a 'bad one' my phone might not be in one piece.
Which is also a good reason to not mount it to bars as a pseudo-Garmin (Not saying you do)

I have the Android ICE app on my main screen, Home set as a location in my garmin and most importantly I carry my face,fingerprints and dental imprint with me all of the time :smile:

I don't know any paramedics, would be interesting to know what their process is for ID'ing fallen cyclists. Assuming they would search jersey pockets, saddle bags/panniers?

matthat

Über Member
i recently put an app on my phone called "Emergency Kit" which displays my next of kin's numbers on my lock screen. its pretty useful.
Hi Buggi Is that on the dreaded I format or android?

matthat

Über Member
recent versions of android let you put a message on the lock screen, mine has my name and my wifes name as an emergency contact with her mobile numer
Cheers hadn't realised you could do that and i consider myself tech savvi!!:music: I have no password on phone and have ice on homescreen plus i have recently started carrying driving license.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I carry nuffink when leisure riding, but when commuting (and at all other times) I carry the drinkers ID card that I got when I was 18.

image.jpg

Not bragging (well not much) but I do still get asked for ID when buying booze sometimes. I guess they cold be extracting the widdle though...

matthat

Über Member
I carry nuffink when leisure riding, but when commuting (and at all other times) I carry the drinkers ID card that I got when I was 18.

View attachment 22445

Not bragging (well not much) but I do still get asked for ID when buying booze sometimes. I guess they cold be extracting the widdle though...
I'm the same age and don't think i've ever been asked for id. I've looked 30 plus since about 16 but now i'm nearing 40 i still look only 30ish so hopefully by 60 i'll still look 20 or 30 yrs younger.:cheers:

Does anyone recommended on ID bracelet from the UK or is the US company the best product on the market..

ICE ID

Don't go for the Velcro though as it fails in a few months.

I use the "Pro" and have used the disposable "Tyvek" ones when organisng a sponsored event.

Bes fun is wearing a yellow one as it is conspicuous. The number of people who assume it is a LiveStrong band and start ranting is hilarious, let them rant and then ask what they are on about as you point out it is simply a high visibility ID band.

Top Bottom