What is a chap to do...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I turned up, in my natty cap, plus fours and argyle socks, on a steel framed bike and they made me stand on one end of the line-up where no one can see me. I bet I ride more miles in a month than those children have done in their lives.

ML1.jpg

seriously though I'm glad our local forum has been captured by folk with more energy and vim than me. Banging my head against the brickwall of the WSCC Highways Dept., aka "the dullards" for twenty years has given me a headache. They've just spent £70k to achieve diddly squat for cyclists outside Horsham Station. Meanwhile cyclists are expected to run across a busy dual carriageway (A264) carrying traffic doing 80+mph so as to follow a so-called cycle route.

Mrs M

Guru
I turned up, in my natty cap, plus fours and argyle socks, on a steel framed bike and they made me stand on one end of the line-up where no one can see me. I bet I ride more miles in a month than those children have done in their lives.

ML1.jpg

seriously though I'm glad our local forum has been captured by folk with more energy and vim than me. Banging my head against the brickwall of the WSCC Highways Dept., aka "the dullards" for twenty years has given me a headache. They've just spent £70k to achieve diddly squat for cyclists outside Horsham Station. Meanwhile cyclists are expected to run across a busy dual carriageway (A264) carrying traffic doing 80+mph so as to follow a so-called cycle route.

Is that you on the right?

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
I wonder what that yellow bike in the foreground is? Chainstay brake and slack angles says late 80s.

Good luck with the campaign. All urban planners should be made to walk, ride a bike and drive a car before they are let loose with the CAD and cheque book.

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I wonder what that yellow bike in the foreground is? Chainstay brake and slack angles says late 80s.

Good luck with the campaign. All urban planners should be made to walk, ride a bike and drive a car before they are let loose with the CAD and cheque book.
Saracen Tufftrax. From late 80's or very early 90's at a guess.

Our problem isn't the planners but the craven local politico's who run Highways and the officers who are all terrified of losing their jobs.

Mrs M

Guru
Good on you for showing support and making an effort, (just shove the kids out the way next time).

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
[QUOTE 3567209, member: 45"]It's the rhinestone Hi viz belt thing they've objected to.[/QUOTE]
Oi!
I too wear one, easy to hide in the panniers when off the bike, no need to look like the commuting cyclist :girl:

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Late 80s on the Saracen. The brakes had returned to the seat stays by the 90s. Good turn out considering the weather.

Tim Hall

Is this about the Crawley-Horsham link? Does it still end just past The Frog and Nightgown, even though there's a lovely bridleway carrying on 'sham-wards?

(I suppose I could google it, but hey)

Top Bottom