What is a good carbon sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
+ 1 on the Cannondale Supersix - a very sturdy frame... but, check the geometry; it may not be anything like that which you are used to. It is an aggressive (race) geometry meaning the head tube is fairly short which may or may not suit you. Some would argue it isn't therefore a very good sportive bike given that a sportive bike should be more relaxed, given more to endurance riding, than an out and out race geometry that will invite you low.

I also have a Ribble New Sportive which is more relaxed and a fantastic bike for the money. Specifically though for Sportives, I'm not sure, given the funds, that you'd get a better review than the already mentioned Giant Defy range.

The problem with the larger companies (Cannondale and Giant and others) is that they often sell a very good frame with an otherwise average package (wheels and groupset) expecting a customer to upgrade. I bought the Ribble precisely because for similar money I could build my own spec around a good frame, albeit one without the big name. It's a trade-off either way...

Last edited:
Top Bottom