What is Happening to West Ham ???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Bad Company

Bad Company

The Next Stig !
darthpaul said:
Add Southampton to the list of teams that were Premier League solid but went up the swanny just as they spent a lot of money on the new stadium.

Scarey.

The one saving grace at West Ham is our proven ability to bring on our own talent from the academy.

Frank Lampard, Joe Cole, Rio Ferdinand, John Terry and Michael Carrick to name just a few.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
ASC1951 said:
That's a bit unfair. Look what they achieved at Birmingham City. The key to any Premiership football club is getting the finances right and provided they - and in particular Karen Brady - are given time to put things right, they will do very well for the Hammers. That might mean dropping out of the division for a year.

Sorry, I didn't make it clear that I meant that they were obnoxious irrespective of their business/football acumen. Their statements about Zola and the team were not exactly the traditional motivational talks!

I'm not sure in what way financial prudence is the key although I agree it should be so.
Burnley prudent - going down
Hull imprudent - going down
Man Utd - imprudent top of the division
etc...

rich p said:
Burnley prudent - going down
Hull imprudent - going down
Man Utd - imprudent top of the division
etc...

You sure? It's not over yet.
(Stupid players getting a win over Fulham and giving me hope again. I was sure it was all over after Portsmouth.)

Adam Pearson has been refreshingly open about the clubs finances since he took over, unlike the debacle at Portsmouth. There were some poor decisions made by the previous chairman and the late publishing of accounts must have had the owner go ballistic when he found out all that had been going on. Though the financial problem is still there, the management of it is now in better hands.

Harry going to Southampton for long enough to see them relegated, then back to Pompey always amused me.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Piemaster, no I'm not sure!
Maybe West Ham will fall on their sword instead. I took a dislike to Phil Brown but now they have a proven manager in Ian Dowie......:biggrin:

I'm hoping we stay up just for an Iain Dowie karaoke singing session on the last day. It just has to become any of our PL managers trade marks. He is apparently on a £1 million bonus if we do stay up so has plenty of reasons to pick up the mike. It should have been written into his contract.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I fear West Ham will take a long time to return to the top flight if they are relegated this season. Their financial situation means half the squad will probably have to go and the loss of premiership money could see then in administration.

'Arry was the start of the rot at the club. At one point, about a year before he was sacked it emerged that in his six or so years at the club he had been involved in 134 transfer deals in and out of the club, only a handful of those ever playing for the first team. That stinks. It is also interesting to note that Spurs (normally a profitable club living within their means) made a first quarter loss of around six million quid this year. Perhaps the courts will do them a favour when 'Arry has to explain his accounting methods in the near future.

We could do with Alan Sugar taking over at Upton Park, one of the few chairmen who left a Premiership club (Spurs) in better health when he left than when he took over.

Top Bottom