What is it about our sport?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mattonsea

Über Member
For Me its the freeing of all that clutters our lives , its a bike whatever frame and you . I love the feeling or pushing my body beyond my everyday life.
Its zoning out ,the romance and history of pro cycling , all the names Paris Roubaix ,Coppi, Bianchi, the Hour. I had a Raleigh Winner when I was ten
and I still love a drop handle bar now. I like the fact that some people don't get it at all. :thumbsup:

I had a Raleigh Winner when I was ten
and I still love a drop handle bar now.

Hey I had one of those, still remember the great silver and black paint job and the wonderful spongy bar covering.

lesley_x

Über Member
Cycling is good for the mind well mine anyway,I get on my bike and just ride nothing else matters when im riding

This.

I find it relaxing to cycle down the canal on a sunny day. I find it rewarding to grind it out in bad weather and feel like I've achieved something - like when you get to the top of a big climb and you have the descent as the reward :biggrin: I feel like I'm doing something really postive for my mind and body and I appreciate my surroundings more. To be honest I'd be in watching TV if I wasn't out cycling. It does something positive to my psyche.

And you really can't beat gunning it down a hill so fast your highest gear isn't good enough :biggrin: 38mph is my record so far :P

And you really can't beat gunning it down a hill so fast your highest gear isn't good enough :biggrin: 38mph is my record so far :P

Yeah, the adrenalin. It does wonders for your heart, but not so good for your shorts^_^ I managed 64kmh once, but my shorts became a little slippery:eek:

Davidc

Guru
I learnt to ride when I was 7. The sensation (buzz?) has never left. Don't know or understand what it is.

As for sport. The road races are interesting, but I find track more exciting and riveting.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I fell into cycling quite late, as a commuter. For me it's the joy of self-propulsion that sticks out.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
It's not a sport to me, it was my childhood escape from the house on a warm summer evening or through the holidays, has always been a means of getting about, is freedom to eat and drink what I choose without having to endure the soulless drag of a gym and a golden opportunity for a little bit of me time in an otherwise crowded life.

I watch the 'sport' side on TV but it is as relevant to my cycling as premiership football is to my having a kickabout in the park.

Mattonsea

Über Member
Hey I had one of those, still remember the great silver and black paint job and the wonderful spongy bar covering.
Yes I wished I kept it , to restore for my boys.

Top Bottom