What is it with all these horrible blue Christmas lights this year??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

It seems to be a new fashion, well around here anyway, to decorate ones house with the most horrendous neon blue lights! YUCK:sad:

SamNichols

The emergency services look is very chic this year. You should read more style supplements.

barq

I like the blue lights in the trees along past the South Bank centre near ITV. That said I have seen blue lights looking horrible and tacky as well.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
On the big christmas trees in shopping centres round here its all LED lights that just dont look as good as the normal ones.
Is it just in Nottingham that they have changed to the stupid lights or is there other places?

Arch

Married to Night Train
Joe24 said:
On the big christmas trees in shopping centres round here its all LED lights that just dont look as good as the normal ones.
Is it just in Nottingham that they have changed to the stupid lights or is there other places?

One of the reasons, I think, is that LEDs use less power - so are better for the environment and cheaper to run (and longer lasting). I think a lot of councils are changing over...

yep blue lights in hull too. started a few years ago here. the christmas trees they've plonked on the willerby roundabout and 'decorated' with the most vivid blue lights you ever did see, are particularly bad! nothing against led's as such, they can look really nice, and as arch points out, a much better option really. that said, blue just doesn't say christmas to me.
have to say that there is a distinct lack of christmas decorations/lights up in hull so far. normally people are all trimmed up by the end of october. other than the one or two houses that keep there trimmings up all year round, no one seems to be bothering this year.
oh and while i'm at it, whats with the black christmas decorations in all the shops? i mean come on, even one such as myself, that can be very morose at times, would not think of black as a festive colour :smile:

cheers, velocidad :blush:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Let's be honest - white lights are the only classy lights on a self-respecting tree!! And yep, black christmas deckies are nasty as well.

I do quite like the blue lights - when I was a kid, the 'rich people' in the village had a tree done up in blue lights and I thought it was magical. So seeing blue lights brings back lovely memories...but they're a bit 'everywhere' now aren't they.

agreed cathryn. have white lights in the foliage of the veloci-family garden, or i will have if i ever get around to it. have looked really nice other years. usually go for red lights at the front though, a welcoming colour i think. no flashing, chasing, multi-effect lights for velocidad, just simple, festive and pretty. (i'm such a girl :sad: i have used metro-sexual in the past, but really i'm just girly :smile: )

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
velocidad said:
agreed cathryn. have white lights in the foliage of the veloci-family garden, or i will have if i ever get around to it. have looked really nice other years. usually go for red lights at the front though, a welcoming colour i think. no flashing, chasing, multi-effect lights for velocidad, just simple, festive and pretty. (i'm such a girl :sad: i have used metro-sexual in the past, but really i'm just girly :smile: )

Blimey, what with Keith Oates being revealed as a ladyboy, and Velocidad coming out as a lesbian, I don't know what to think any more!!!!!!

Hugo15

Über Member
Blue lights, white lights, red lights. It's like bloody Blackpool where I live. I refuse to have any lights, one of the only houses in our close not to have them.

Top Bottom