What is it with some people?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I was out on the trike his morning and most people were great, loads of room given when overtaking, but just one white transit went by (gave me plenty of room, mind) and once past the driver gave two toots on the horm - agressive sounding, not gentle beeps.

I entertained myself for the next mile or so by imagining coming round a corner to find the van stuck in a ditch by the road, and the driver needing a mobile to call for help. 'Ting ting', I'd go on my bell, as I rode by...:tongue:

Better to let it go, but I find it helps to imagine a few really entertaining curses to lay on the driver - a plague of boils, or a flat tyre every day for a week or whatever. Even if you aren't blessed with the talent of witchcraft, it can be fun to imagine...:biggrin:

Rise above the abuse and carry on. Don't let one lunatic stop you from enjoying a good ride.

Arch said:
I was out on the trike his morning and most people were great, loads of room given when overtaking, but just one white transit went by (gave me plenty of room, mind) and once past the driver gave two toots on the horm - agressive sounding, not gentle beeps.

I entertained myself for the next mile or so by imagining coming round a corner to find the van stuck in a ditch by the road, and the driver needing a mobile to call for help. 'Ting ting', I'd go on my bell, as I rode by...:biggrin:

Better to let it go, but I find it helps to imagine a few really entertaining curses to lay on the driver - a plague of boils, or a flat tyre every day for a week or whatever. Even if you aren't blessed with the talent of witchcraft, it can be fun to imagine...:angry:

people round my way are generally nice to me on my bike.. thankfully, but once i was out with my brother-in-law, in his car on some backroads, doing the correct speed (ie about 2-5 mph over the limit..) when some tw*t in a bmw gets right up behind, tooting and flashing, then sped around us on a blind corner an powered up the road.. he took the piss by saying hed probably crash driving like that, and it would serve him right..

and then, a couple of miles on, we went past him, car in ditch, and driver crying by side of road!!

sometimes you dont have to imagine...

nice:biggrin::biggrin:

dessertwarrior

Don't let the odd (& I mean 'odd' in every sense) to$$er put you off your ride.

Think of all the people who give you plenty of room & no abuse!

Couple of weeks ago I had a car behind me on a single track road; he gave me a warning toot to let me know he was there, so I eased over to let him past & he then acknowledged with a friendly toot as he went past. Just wish there were more like that.

Top Bottom