What is it with some people?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adrian29uk

Enjoying a cycle this morning, minding my own business when out of the blue some bloke kicked out and told me to get off the F*(king road.

At this point I was raging and was going to go back and give this idiot a piece of my mind but I left it because you just don't know how stable these people are.

So the question is, what is it people have against cyclists. Why do they hate When someone is rude to me, the trend follows and makes me moody and ruins my day.

Let it go...

You'll have a nice cycle ride, he'll always be an angry peanut.

yello

I'm afraid you get this... personally I follow the advice given by 20"

Apparently, some study (in Cardiff??) showed that drivers get angry because they are protective, don't want to injure cyclists and so feel anxious and as if they need to take action above and beyond. A kind of resentment?? I don't know.

Just shrug and let it go. Don't let it ruin your day.

domtyler

Über Member
There are quite a lot of lunatics about and cyclists are obviously a soft target for them. You can either start carrying a large knife and start stabbing anyone who pisses you off or you can shrug your shoulders and get on with it.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
For some reason some drivers have a furious hatred of any road user who slows them down whether it's a bike, a ped or another slower car driver. They also seem to get irate if you manage to keep up or overtake them due to lights and traffic.
It's definitely best to ignore them if possible - they do have the means to do you serious damage if you pick on the psycopathic loon

beancounter

Mr Pig said:
Or seek a big knife?

I'm getting a camera. I live in 'nutter central'.

I used to live in Lanarkshire.

I didn't enjoy it.

bc

yenrod

rich p said:
For some reason some drivers have a furious hatred of any road user who slows them down whether it's a bike, a ped or another slower car driver. They also seem to get irate if you manage to keep up or overtake them due to lights and traffic.
It's definitely best to ignore them if possible - they do have the means to do you serious damage if you pick on the psycopathic loon

I'll never forget the time I was ON, tuned , on a good day and was starting off from some lights and I just knew the bloke behind was going to floor the car and so I went to 30mph - he sheepishly overtook me :ohmy: nearly floored me doing it but proved a point: he was a lazy twat.

NickM

Veteran
rich p said:
...It's definitely best to ignore them if possible - they do have the means to do you serious damage if you pick on the psycopathic loon
On the other hand, they tend to be a great deal less brave if you get them out of their shell :ohmy:

I think they deserve a good kicking once in a while to give them pause for thought :wacko:

Of course the flaw in this argument is the assumption that they have any capacity for thought :biggrin:

barq

I sympathise absolutely. I recently copped a load of abuse for using a pedestrian crossing! There are some people you just can't begin to rationalise with.

Try not to let it ruin your day. Easier said than done, but they aren't worth your time.

Top Bottom