What is my bike worth ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Money is tight so i guess i need to sell my rebuild , any idea of value ?
Ribble winter frame resprayed black
sram apex 10 speed
tiagra FD
fsa powerdrive chainset
charge spoon saddle

It's 2x10, what size is it, or you (if it fits) you should really tooth count both front rings 52/39 or 50/34 etc and give rear range 11-?. Much life left in chain? are tyres good and what are they. Usually half of current retail price if current model is similar.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

It's 2x10, what size is it, or you (if it fits) you should really tooth count both front rings 52/39 or 50/34 etc and give rear range 11-?. Much life left in chain? are tyres good and what are they. Usually half of current retail price if current model is similar.
50/ 34 11-28 54 tt
chain and cassette done maybe 300 miles , tyres similar amount vittoria zaffiro , new cables + outers throughout , new BB

£500 absolute max., depending on the quality if the respray (why was that done?) and put some logos on it. Otherwise £300.
Based on the assumption that you can prove that it was a Ribble to start with and that all the gear is close to new.

raggydoll

Über Member
Shame you need to sell it.
Looks really cool in the black - very stealth like but I agree with others, I think the respray will have lowered the value and some may not believe that it is a ribble etc.

I have no idea on price. You could check comparable bike prices on gumtree etc and take it from there. If it doesn't sell you can always lower the price.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Shame you need to sell it.
Looks really cool in the black - very stealth like but I agree with others, I think the respray will have lowered the value and some may not believe that it is a ribble etc.

I have no idea on price. You could check comparable bike prices on gumtree etc and take it from there. If it doesn't sell you can always lower the price.
I dont want too seriously its a cracking bike and mrs ck says dont sell it

si_c

Guru
If you put it up on ebay you'd probably get something north of £300 for it, it's a common size so should sell reasonably quickly. With the current component shortage I suspect you'd get more if you stripped it and sold it for parts, at least £200 for the groupset alone based on a very quick look on ebay.

That being said the cost of selling it now might be never actually getting what the bike is worth to you in the intangibles - you hinted that you really like the bike, and given that you've spent time respraying and making it your own I think it would be hard to not feel regret in the future if you did sell it.

It looks nice @cyberknight, I’d swap you for my Wiggins Rouen but it probably wouldn’t be a fair swap as you’d be downgraded to Claris R2000!

I wouldn’t need the wheels, just the cassette from the wheel as I don’t have 10 speed but I’d return the favour with a spare 8 speed cassette from the turbo wheel.

Attachments

• 0BE74A95-6908-490C-B831-3C8BABF468A6.jpeg
    0BE74A95-6908-490C-B831-3C8BABF468A6.jpeg
    253.9 KB · Views: 7

yo vanilla

If you put it up on ebay you'd probably get something north of £300 for it, it's a common size so should sell reasonably quickly. With the current component shortage I suspect you'd get more if you stripped it and sold it for parts, at least £200 for the groupset alone based on a very quick look on ebay.

That being said the cost of selling it now might be never actually getting what the bike is worth to you in the intangibles - you hinted that you really like the bike, and given that you've spent time respraying and making it your own I think it would be hard to not feel regret in the future if you did sell it.

This could be a good route if you just need a few bucks. Sell a couple things but keep the bike, and when the money starts freeing up you've still got the bike to (re)complete

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom