What is 'necessary' to live?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melvil

Following a BBC report into the essentials of life (which they calculated as costing around £13,400 a year and included the occasional drink and meal out as well as food, drink, housing etc) what would you consider essential to continue your way of life and to be happy?

graham56

Guru
oxygen

domtyler

Über Member
Dayvo said:
In no particular order:

Somewhere to live

A fulfilling and satisfying job

Financially able to make (basic) ends meet

Able to make the most of free time

Good health

Enjoyable hobbies/activities

Er, you seem to have omitted your single largest expenditure Dayvo, time to come clean. Exactly how much are you spending on prostitutes these days? :wacko:

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Fresh air to breathe, space to move, peace to relax, love to satisfy, food to nourish, health to thrive and water to drink.

peanut

Dayvo said:
In no particular order:

Somewhere to live

A fulfilling and satisfying job

Financially able to make (basic) ends meet

Able to make the most of free time

Good health

Enjoyable hobbies/activities

blimey that sounds exactly like my ideal as well . :ohmy: mental note to self must get a life lol;)

all i get is food (plenty), air, water (bottled from my water cooler, so i must be rich...) a home, and only clothes when i really need them, bikes and stuff need to be saved for..

but my son doesnt want for much, its satisfying, as any parent would know, to think that your child gets more than you did, and as much as you can afford.. you dont begrudge losing some luxuries to see them get nice stuff.

yenrod

Dan with respects I feel a better appreciation with my parents thru them giving me less and for life also.

Its a fact of life that something earnt is far more appreciated than something gave.

Ive known people to get gave something when younger and it was simply threw aside and that something cost ALOT OF MONEY.

God knows what the parents felt like.

When I 1st put my 1st bike together by studying them I respected that like crazy.

I would read the mags and desperately wanted these fantastic bikes...

So I used what I had and I got infinately fitter (for years) than any of these lads on the posey bikes and by god did they know it.

My bike, the other day was, confused for a showroom bike, in a shop, i thought of all the time i'd wanted something so glittering and expensive.

Its the getting there thats the deal not the result or the fame.

Top Bottom