What is the feminine derivative of the word "nobber"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Did you miss the bit about the collision I had with the van?
No. Someone knocked(?) you off and you had a go.

I presume then she's the first person on the road that's broken the law since then? Or just a soft enough target that you thought you'll have a go?

gavintc

Guru
I'll remember that when I get knocked off by a red light jumper, and get told that it's my fault because all bloody cyclists are the same.
Calm down. There is no connection between her and you. If you see bad driving does that make you responsible and blamed for their actions.

OP
OP
Dec66

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
No. Someone knocked(?) you off and you had a go.

I presume then she's the first person on the road that's broken the law since then? Or just a soft enough target that you thought you'll have a go?
No, and as I said, normally I just shake my head. This was in an altogether different league in the stupidity stakes.

Had it been a seven foot bloke I'd have done the same, and risked a clump.

No, and as I said, normally I just shake my head. This was in an altogether different league in the stupidity stakes.

Had it been a seven foot bloke I'd have done the same, and risked a clump.
Was it? More dangerous than a car that has broken the speed limit? Or has that not happened since you last had a pop?

OP
OP
Dec66

Dec66

Calm down. There is no connection between her and you. If you see bad driving does that make you responsible and blamed for their actions.
Nothing to do with what I think though, is it? There's enough anti-cycling vitriol about without someone being blatantly stupid and adding to it.

OP
OP
Dec66

Dec66

Was it? More dangerous than a car that has broken the speed limit? Or has that not happened since you last had a pop?
If the theoretical car breaking the speed limit then runs the red light at the crossing, forcing pedestrians out of the way, then yes, I agree with you. In that instance I'd have had a pop at the driver (if able to catch up) and reported his/her dangerous driving.

So, your point is?

Very simple. The people being injured daily are from vehicles that speed, jump lights, on the phone, no MOT, over the limit. Many of which are easily visible when out and about. You chose to ignore all of those and isolate your advice for a cyclist that is very unlikely to hurt anyone other than herself.

Your are trying to tell everyone it's because of the danger she poses. You are wrong. You either realise this and are picking on a soft target or you don;t realise this and are getting all het up by the person less likely to hurt anyone than the dozens of lawbreaking vehicles you saw today.

OP
OP
Dec66

Dec66

Car to show me any evidnce that RLJ cyclists are more dangerous than speeding cars?
Care to show me the medical evidence that being hit by a pedal cycle at 20mph wouldn't hurt a pedestrian?

Then I wouldn't need that third party liability insurance I pay for.

Care to show me the medical evidence that being hit by a pedal cycle at 20mph wouldn't hurt a pedestrian?

Then I wouldn't need that third party liability insurance I pay for.
Of course it would. Your point though is that you singled her out as being more dangerous than a speeding car (else why not have a go at them?). I am suggesting that she isn't. You either mistakenly think she is else it was the 'soft target' that you went for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom