What is the feminine derivative of the word "nobber"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dec66

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Of course it would. Your point though is that you singled her out as being more dangerous than a speeding car (else why not have a go at them?). I am suggesting that she isn't. You either mistakenly think she is else it was the 'soft target' that you went for.

No I didn't. A speeding car, by its nature, is over the hills and far away before I'd get to it.

Often the driver doesn't even realize they are speeding, unless they are being wilfully reckless, which is what our hero this morning was doing, albeit at a lower speed.

You seem to keep ignoring my stating that, when I think I have to say something, I'll say it, irrespective of whether I think the target is "soft" or not. Why is that, exactly? Are you being perversely obtuse, or are you trying to paint me as some kind of misogynist?

If it's the former, haven't you got something better to do? If it's the latter, why not notify the moderators to have my account stopped for violation of the T's & C's?

Nice bit of out of context quoting there, you should work for The Daily Mail.
Is it? You are suggesting she was wilfully endangering the public. Drivers who speed (even the tiny minority who do so wilfully:okay:) are a greater danger.

You were in an area with multiple traffic lights. I would suggest that even during your encounter there would have been at least one driver speeding who you would have caught up at the lights. Bypassed them and had a got at her.

Very simple question for you. Do you think this cyclist or speeding driver poses more of a risk to the public?

OP
OP
Dec66

Dec66

I've already said, which you're choosing to ignore, once again; there were no speeding motorists on that stretch, there was at that point hardly any motorized traffic on that stretch. So, no speeding motorists "endangering" anyone, ergo no-one to admonish for doing so.

It's actually quite difficult on that stretch to break the speed limit in a car, due to the number of traffic signals, so long as you observe them. There's one every 100 yards, sometimes even less.

Unless you're jumping the red lights in a car, you can't accelerate quickly enough. And, as I've already said, if I'd seen someone doing that in a car, and I could have caught up with them, I'd have (1) had a pop and (2) reported them if they'd endangered anyone else.

It's p1ss easy on a bike though, if you're repeatedly ignoring the red lights. Which this morning's eejit was. Wilfully, deliberately, and at the risk of causing injury to others, as well as herself.

Tell me; have you never driven along at about 37mph in a 30mph zone, looked at your speedo, realised you're a bit over the speed limit and slowed up? Say "no", and you're a whopper.

ozboz

Guru
I saw a RLJ hit a little Chinese looking lady in Putney , the pedestrian lights were green , she went down quite hard ,he went sprawling across the road , you'd have thought he would have gone to her aide , but no , he got back on his bike and verbally abused the crap out of her , and continued on his journey , a lot of people ran to help her , one day he'll hit some one who will bounce back and stick his carbon bikes up his jacksey !

Great news. I look forward to you telling us about how to told off a speeding motorist within the next day or so as I think it would be a statistically anomaly if you didn't see one in the next ride or two.

Then you'd firmly put me in my place as not being a hypocrite.

OP
OP
Dec66

Dec66

I saw a RLJ hit a little Chinese looking lady in Putney , the pedestrian lights were green , she went down quite hard ,he went sprawling across the road , you'd have thought he would have gone to her aide , but no , he got back on his bike and verbally abused the crap out of her , and continued on his journey , a lot of people ran to help her , one day he'll hit some one who will bounce back and stick his carbon bikes up his jacksey !
That'll have been MarkyMark and his magic rubber bike, which can't hurt anyone.

OP
OP
Dec66

Dec66

Great news. I look forward to you telling us about how to told off a speeding motorist within the next day or so as I think it would be a statistically anomaly if you didn't see one in the next ride or two.

Then you'd firmly put me in my place as not being a hypocrite.
Marvellous. Are you going to give me some speed measurement equipment, and a rocket-powered bike to catch them with?

Whopper.

Yes, I have 2 cars. Then do you pull up to other cars at lights/rbouts and tell them about theiur speeding seeing as you have the ability to keep a comparative speed and a handy speedometer to let you know whether or not they're speeding.

Of perhaps they don't speed where you live, just the poor old soles that mistakenly drove too fast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom