What is the industry standard road bike then?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Industry standard road bike is a specialized of some kind - whatever they call them nowadays.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Proper road bike is....

Arse up, head down, flat back.......

Like Frank

DSCF0897.jpg

Or maybe a Colnago....... traditional, no wavey rubbish....... or a Rourke 953........hubba hubba

NickM

Veteran
Kirstie said:
Have they? Do you mean on the forks? I just thought those were for the brake bosses or something. I don't think they are for suspension or anything...

"Zertz", they call them. Only on the Roubaix (i.e. "sportive") line. Still, the very idea of putting bits in a frame which will deteriorate with age, rendering the whole thing useless - tsk,tsk...

Keith Oates

Janner
C50 with Dura Ace is my dream bike, but back to the OP, Giant TCR is a very good bench mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MichaelM

Guru
Bigtallfatbloke said:
I am a guitarist, I play a Fender stratocaster. This type of guitar is THE industry standard electric guitar. It suits all musical genres, is robust, interchangeable (necks/components) is available and serviceable anywhere in the world and as cool as hell.

What roadbike is the Fender stratocaster of Cycling?;)

Strat=Clapton
Clapton=Lance
Lance=Trek

First you must Free Your Mind. Only then shall ye find the way.

Keith Oates

Janner
User3094 said:
Spesh Allez surely?

How can a C50 be "industry standard"? Are ferraris rep-mobiles these days?

<C50 with Dura Ace is my dream bike, but back to the OP, Giant TCR is a very good bench mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>

Now read it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And if you were thinking kindly of me smeggers - please do!
I would have no idea of people's preferences with guitars of the road - but I think it might be equivalent to strumming a Colnago - a classic name with a number of preferences contained within.
But it wouldn't be a Specialized - much as I like their stuff!

Top Bottom