What is the industry standard road bike then?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

I am a guitarist, I play a Fender stratocaster. This type of guitar is THE industry standard electric guitar. It suits all musical genres, is robust, interchangeable (necks/components) is available and serviceable anywhere in the world and as cool as hell.

What roadbike is the Fender stratocaster of Cycling?:angry:

gavintc

Guru
Every cyclist has their own dreams. For some it will be Italian, others a race proven machine, some will just like the looks. Me, I am very happy with my new Cervelo.

Saddle bum

Über Member
If you are looking for a road bike that is representative of the very best, try a Campag equipped Bianchi. Sex on wheels.

I've got a Strat too, BFTB. (A 1979 model, since you ask.) It's a great guitar, and I'd agree they do nearly anything anyone could want, but too many people play them for my money. I've recently discovered Teisco guitars - cheap Japanese things that were sold in Woolworths in the 1960s and 70s. Much more individual and they make a great noise. And they're much cooler than Strats.:angry:
My views on bikes are much the same - it must do what I want, but if it's a little bit different, that's a bonus.

bonj2

i'm no guitar expert but aren't gibson better? i.e the gibson's like the merc whereas a strat being a ford mondeo - good, but standard?

mikeitup

Veteran
Give me a late 80's Ibanez anyday!! :biggrin:

Top Bottom