What is the shortest trip by bike that you would do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Last night I used my bike to go and collect one of my children from an activity - total round trip was 0.5 miles. What made it worse is that I normally do this - bike left outside, but I'd forgotten so I had actually put the bike away in the shed so I had to unlock it too. I justified it by the fact it was lousy weather to walk in!!:biggrin:

Is there anyone else who uses their bike when their feet would work just as well? (at least I didn't hop in a car - I have seen folks do that too).

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Some people do seem to use their bike when walking would be more convenient and more pleasant. I like walking, and just about never use my bikes for any local things in the radius of a mile or two.

Melvil

Depends how lazy I feel. When I was working at a nearby place I cycled there and the commute lasted all of 2mins 15secs so I soon saw sense and walked.

byegad

Legendary Member
About 1/3rd of a mile round trip. I walk badly at times so riding is easier and if there is a load to bring back the bike carries it for me.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I regularly cycle to my local supermarket, which is only a 5 minute walk. That's mainly if I'm doing a large shop. If it's just a few things (up to 10 kg or so) I use a rucksack instead

To the top of the cul-de-sac and back testing out brake adjustments!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
beanzontoast said:
To the top of the cul-de-sac and back testing out brake adjustments!

Been there and done it -or checking out new wheels - the look on the folk's face as this bike with wheels what 'whoosh' is priceless - HED Jets.......

Don't generally cycle anywhere locally - get the car out as it needs a run having been sat still all week..... plus the security issues of leaving a bike - no racks at my local shop.... but I'm the type of person that looks at a bike and the HR jumps into 'go for it mode' so I'd be a sweaty mess at the shop....

hubgearfreak

Über Member
it's 6 metres from here to the fridge (for beer).

if mrs. HGF allowed me to, i'd ride that:biggrin:

the only time i ever walk is if my 3yr. old son demands that we do so

yenrod

Patrick Stevens said:
I bike to the gym in the light - cycling kit is a bit naff in the gym. It's about three quarters of a mile.

How can cycling kit be naff in a gym - its exercise related or is it TOO above the levels of fitness that you'd attain for a gym; actually yes i beleive it is, gyms are full of posers or for people to oggle to opp. sex !

Top Bottom