What is the shortest trip by bike that you would do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

I used to ride round me Dads living room - and we used to make obstacles..! ;)

God the stupid things we used to do !

Flying_Monkey said:
hubgearfreak, I don't know why it is, but I can't help reading your name as 'Hugebearfreak'... :biggrin:

S'funny ;) Until you wrote that I never even looked and always read it as 'hug a bear freak'. It never even struck me as weird. I think I need my brain re-wiring :blush:

hubgearfreak

Über Member
perhaps hub gears are an unusual thing to be a fan of?

but especially useful to be able to change gear when stood still, if you insist on riding around the house:thumbsup:

and there's no horrible oily rear mech to mark the sofa with:tongue:

Keith Oates

Janner
Using the 'pub bike' for sort trips to the shops so that I've got somewhere to carry the shopping home is probably my shortest regular riding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keith Oates

Janner
hubgearfreak said:
perhaps hub gears are an unusual thing to be a fan of?

but especially useful to be able to change gear when stood still, if you insist on riding around the house:thumbsup:

and there's no horrible oily rear mech to mark the sofa with;)

Good selling point, never thought of that before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trillian

5 mins bike ride (carrying it down the stairs has to happen too) or 12 min walk into town

i bike.

10 min walk to my girlfriends house, 5 min bike ride (something she's lately figured out and using to her advantage)

simoncc

About 0.35 miles round trip to the chippy, the post box, the off licence/corner shop, indian take away, chinese take away or pub. If you keep the bike in the hall like all real cyclists do short trips like this are no problem.

Pete

I think the ride I do to calibrate the computer. Does anyone else do it the way I do - put a chalk line on the tarmac, line up the tyre valve with it, ride one complete revolution, then another chalk line....? ;)

simoncc

Pete said:
I think the ride I do to calibrate the computer. Does anyone else do it the way I do - put a chalk line on the tarmac, line up the tyre valve with it, ride one complete revolution, then another chalk line....? ;)

I trust the chart of wheel circumferences and tyre sizes that cycle computer manufacturers provide, though if you are using such a ride to claim the shortest ride, then I claim a ride of about one foot I sometimes use to test my brakes after fitting a new cable or brake blocks!

I think I draw the line at about 150meters - though I do cycle to the post box at the end of my road - a whole 127m round trip.

I loathe walking, with every fibre of my being, probably why my friends often joke about me being born already on a bike and similar lines.

As I get off the bike outside a friends house.
*sucks teeth* "Oooh, did that hurt?"
"Eh?"
"I thought you were surgically attached to the bike"

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
This thread is clearly demanding a cyclist who can claim to have ridden down the stairs. Any takers? (My childhood home was a bungalow so I'm afraid I can't help out.)

Top Bottom