What is the significance of...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was propositioned by a young lady!

I was outside Portsmouth's Nike clearance shop wearing cycling gear when a young female member of staff came up and offered me some cycle gear going cheap, apparently it had been on the racks and not sold. Mind you Gunwharf's Nike Shop is a Chav mecca for shellsuits etc so its not surorising!

Bought 5 pairs of the 10/2 shorts at £20 each, but the girl didn't know if the Foundation still got their cut, so I felt I had to donate separately! Still £25 a pair is not bad!

User259iroloboy;38060][quote name= said:
Sorry to hijack your thread, someone got me a tdf t-shirt with 55x11 on it, anyone know what this mean?

Sounds like an impossibly high gear ratio! Biggest chain ring smallest rear cog, some serious power down if you have the legs and lungs![/QUOTE]

I think that Tom Boonen rode this gear in the TT stage of le Tour - he was being interviewed after the stage and slipped in a mention...

monnet

Guru
Aperitif;39690][quote name= said:
Wolvesandy said:
Sounds like an impossibly high gear ratio! Biggest chain ring smallest rear cog, some serious power down if you have the legs and lungs!

I think that Tom Boonen rode this gear in the TT stage of le Tour - he was being interviewed after the stage and slipped in a mention...

Boonen might have done. I definitely remember Hincapie saying he'd ridden 55x11 when he was interviewed at the end of the second TT.

Top Bottom